Plugin scan freezes Cubase

Hi everyone, hopefully I’m posting this in the right place. :slight_smile:

I’ve installed the trial of Cubase Elements 8 on Windows 10 (64-bit), and trying to add the full purchased version of the Roland Sound Canvas VA software. I get through all the steps, and when Cubase re-scans plugins, it freezes completely. The only thing I can do is kill it with Task Manager. How can I resolve this?

When you kill Cubase en re-start it it eventually should blacklist the plugin which cause trouble and start.
Just repeat it a few times, and if this doesn’t work out, try to get an 32 bit version as these are more plugin friendly towards old plugins (if any in use).

Thanks. I was about to post that I found the solution when I saw your reply.

I was adding the 32-bit path, which was hanging Cubase. When I switched to the 64-bit path it worked fine. Thanks for responding!

You’re welcome anyday :slight_smile:

I never had any issue running 32 bit plugins on my previous machine (Windows 7 64 bit) with 64 bit Cubase 8.035 - however under Windows 10 it’s not having any of it. Crashes scanning every 32 bit vsti.

Vienna Ensemble Pro (32 bit) did the same as well. Still trying different ways of achieving the same thing.