Plugins are blocked when using Cubase 12 in M1 native mode

Hi,

I have emailed and contacted the plugin developers and no luck… so I am trying my luck here…

When I start Cubase 12 in M1 native mode, it blocks most of my VST plugins.
When I run Cubase 12 in Rosetta compatible mode, it is not blocked anymore.

All the plugins have support or have been developed for the new M1 Mac chip.

I upgraded to a Macbook Pro M1 Max and know that all my plugins are compatible with the M1 architecture.

I would greatly appreciate your help with this as none of the plugin developers can replicate an issue like this.

I installed Cubase 12 as normal on the Mac from scratch, activated successfully and installed the plugins.
The moment I open Cubase, it blocks most of the plugins, then I need to open it in Rosetta2 compatible mode for it to work.

Version of Cubase:

• 12.0.30 - Built on May 30 2022

Macbook Pro Specs:

• MacOS: 12.4 (21F79)
  • Macbook Pro (16-inch 2021)
  • Chip: Apple M1 Max
  • Memory: 32GB

Here is a screenshot if that helps…
Here is the proof that the plugins are blocked when running native M1 Cubase 12:

I appreciate your assistance as I am at my wits-end and want to run Cubase 12 in native M1 mode with all my plugins.

Kind regards.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Make sure the plug-ins are up to date, please. Most probably the plug-ins are not M1 native ready.

Hi,

I have made sure that all plugins are updated and are M1.

This is the issue. Many other M1 plugins are not blocked, but all the ones in the list is blocked even though they are M1 plugins.

This is the frustration.

1 Like

From the list I guess your plugins are T-RackS from IK Multimedia, right?

If that is the case then you need to talk to the vendor, because they seem not to support M1 at the moment. The specs on the vendor page list it as Intel only and that means you need to run Rosetta mode.

This is the same for all plugins you have, they need to be converted from Intel to M1 before you can use them natively. The comment column in your screenshot shows the reason “Unsupported Architecture”.

1 Like

Hi,

It is not just T-racks. Neural DsP and Positive Grid Biad FX2 and other plugins that have been converted to M1.

I just took one of the plugins from your screenshot and that clearly shows you are not using M1 (Unsupported Architecture). So either you do not have the correct plugins installed, or they are really not built as M1.

As I said, the website for T5 has no mention of M1, just Intel.

I had a look at the Neural Website and they say that they do not recommend to switch to Apple Silicon, because it is not ready.

So again, you need to run in Rosetta mode, because your plugins are not migrated to Apple Silicon.

One thing to not get tricked on is some manufacturers will say M1 Compatible but they don’t mean Apple Silicon Native. Instead, they just mean they will run fine under Rosetta.

Ok cool. Thanks.
Then I’ll just gave to run Cubase in Rosetta mode till all of the plugins are updated. yey.
I appreciate the help and feedback.

UAD IS Supported in the Apple Silicon Native architecture and yet the plugins are blocked by Cubase running Natively… Same thing with Slate Digital, they are also blocked and run perfectly on Studio One natively, so Steinberg…who is in the wrong here? if the plugins run just fine in other DAW’s natively but not Yours, then there must be an issue with Cubase running natively… so dissapointing

That’s because no VST3 from UAD.

To understand this effect you have to consider that there are different plugin formats like vst2; vst3, AU,AAX etc. Specific DAWs work with specific formats (e.g. Cubase with vst3, Logic with AU, protools with AU). On top of this you have different operating systems like Windows, Mac OS etc.
Not every Plugin developer supports every format on every OS. Or it may be, that a developer delivers a plugin format for an operating system but it contains a bug…
A statement like “UAD is supported in the Apple Silicon Architecture” is a bit to general: which plugin formats are supported? Steinberg states clearly that they support VST3 plugins on Apple Silicon natively. In my experience that is true. If UAD is giving a general statement like “UAD is supported in the Apple Silicon Architecture” you have to double check what they mean: natively or in Rosetta mode, VST3 or not…

The app PlugInfo will tell you one way or another. For UAD I can tell you they are 100% Apple Silicon for AU and AAX, but until they release a VST3 version you will need to run under Rosetta.

hi dudes, i had the same problem and ask for support in Neural DSP but hey can find the answer

i had a new 2021 MacBook Pro m1 and the plug-in run fine in standalone but in DAW (cubase 12) just can’t, its in the black list and I can’t fon the way to use in cubase, I try to use rosetta but still broke…hope neural fix this or cubase because I can’t use anything

and yes, I don’t buy a $2500 dls MacBook, a $150 upgrade cubase and $300 in plugins for nothing…hope they can fix it asap or if someone had the answer here…pleas let me know

1 Like

Hi there. I am now having this exact problem. I am running Cubase 12 and newest MacBook Pro 16" 2023 with M2 Max. When I run it in Rosetta mode, the Neural DSP plugins work fine. When I run it in Apple Silicone mode, all the Nerual DSP plugins (Except Rabea) are put on the block list.

Does anybody know if there is a fix to get Neural DSP Archetype plugins working in Cubase in Apple Silicone mode?

Thanks so much.

1 Like

I ordered a Macbook 16, 2023 M2 Max and it’s supposed to be here any day now. I have Fortin Cali, Archetype- Petrucci and Cory Wong, hopefully Neural will get this resolved soon.

I just got this back from Neural DSP support:

Thanks for reaching out.

That’s because those plugins are not M1-Native compatible (yet), which is why you have to run them through Rosetta.

At the moment, the only plugins from our catalog that include M1-native versions are the Tone King Imperial and the Archetype Rabea plugins. However, our dev team is already working on the rest of the plugins to release native versions for those as well.

We will let you know once we have more news about it.

Best regards.