Plugins from Cubase in Dorico

Hi, I own Dorico 3.5 and Cubase 11 (and Wavelab 11). I wonder, why I can’t use my Cubase plugins inside Dorico, e. g. the Reverb plugins REvelation and the “big” Roomworks? Would be great, if this would be possible as an owner of both programs.

3 Likes

Hi @HeiPet,
Of course it’ll be great if we are able to use the Cubase’s native plugins inside Dorico, no doubt.
Before that something more important should be achieved… the Mix Console in Dorico should become identical to the one in Cubase. Currently the Dorico’s Mix Console is very basic, even it doesn’t have Volume dB metering scale… It’s pointless wasting your time trying to mix in Dorico. Instead you could do you arrangement in Dorico, export all instruments as audio files and mix & master them in Cubase. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

1 Like

Sorry, this is not possible. Though they appear as multiple individual plug-ins they are all bundled in one binary, the so called plug-in set. Cubase has it’s own set and Dorico as well. Upon loading the plugs not only just check the license but also the program they are hosted by.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I noticed. The question is: why not giving customers, who buy more than one Steinberg product an extra benefit and make this possible?

3 Likes