Plugins scanning at startup

No worries. It is different I think, this occurs when opening a project, rather than when starting Cubase, yes?

You could try to force a dump:
– When Cubase hangs, open the Task Manager
– Right-click on Cubase (should show up as not responding)
– Follow the on-screen procedure, it’s very clear and will point to this location C:\Users*UserName*\AppData\Local\Temp (this can be a different path only if you set a custom environmental variable path)
– Send the file

You can PM or mail that to me (can’t recall if .zip or .rar can be used on the forum ATM, 7zip can for sure).

Or try launching Cubase in ‘safe-start’ mode…? (though sorry, I’ve forgotten how to do that now… :frowning: :blush: )

Anyone…?

No, it freezes at startup before a project can be opened. I will see if I can get a dump file…
thanks

Does anybody have a workaround for this problem? I’ve sent in the crash dump now I can’t start up Cubase…
There must be some way around this problem. Re-install Cubase, 3rd party plugins, etc.???
I would really like to get back to making progress with the mix.

In my case, as said, moving plugins out and in the Vstplugins folder and after have restarted Cubase several times (it was stopping at each next plugin) and restarted the DAW couple times, it, quite randomly and suddenly, loaded again normally.

However, I noticed that, in my case, the plugins which created the problem were all located in the 16bit folder (Program Files x86/Vstplugins).

If you don’t have too much plugins, maybe you want to start/force-close Cubase until it scans all plugins, one by one.

I’ve tried that - the Vst2xPlugins Cubase.xml file changes with each Cubase startup but only the list never gets bigger than 1563 lines. The timestamps change and the name of the plugins change but the never gets bigger. Vst2xBlacklist Cubase.xml only the timestamps change, the same info in each entry seems to stay the same…
I’m not sure what to do now.

Safe Start Mode Instructions Link:

Tried safe start with disabled and enabled preferences - identical result.

Well, I think I figured it out… I noticed that even if I delete the blacklist and “normal” plugin xml files, the blacklist file starts with the Steinberg automap plugins. I researched the automap topics in the forum and saw that there was problems with this… So I uninstalled Automap 4.10 and voila! Cubase is now operational again.
I have a Novation Impulse 61 keyboard that installs Automap for Cubase if requested. This has been installed for months now so I’m not sure why all of sudden it stopped working - unless it’s because of the DST change. I don’t really use Automap so it is in the trash for now.

Hello,

I replied to your e-mail this morning, sorry, this comes surely late - your e-mail came in when nobody was in the office anymore :frowning:

It was indeed the Automap Client crashing on the internal Plug-in Set’s initialisation. It was probably due to the DST rescan, yes. Glad you got it sorted.