POD Farm 1.12 & Cubase 5 64bit

Hi,

Does anyone know if POD Farm 1.12 will work on Cubase 5 64bit? I can see it in the 32 bit version.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Yep, POD Farm 1.12 is fine in Cub 5 64bit, Steiny’s bitbridge does the negotiation job handsomely! In Cub6 64bit too in case you’re upgrading at some point.

The only problem in Cub 5 that I’ve seen with POD is the POD Farm 2 automation parameters show up as garbage in the Cubase automation lanes, but this is fixed in Cub 6 (and may be fixed in Cub 5.5.3, who knows?).

Bill,

Thanks for the reply. Do I need to do something special to have it show up in CBx64? When I installed POD Farm it only installed in the program files x86.

Kevin

The only thing you need to do is make sure that the POD Farm.dll is in a folder that Cubase 5 64bit expects to find plugins in, and it’s not the best solution to simply point 64bit Cubase at your original folder of 32bit plugins…

When you start installing 64bit music apps, as with all 64bit apps, they go by default into a different Program Files folder structure to the 32bit apps. 32bit apps are installed into C:\Program Files (x86); 64bit apps go into C:\Program Files. So it’s a good idea to have a separate folder for plugins for 64bit apps too, at C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins (as well as the one you presumably already have at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steingberg\VSTPlugins).

Then when you install Cubase 64bit, I suggest you install all the 64bit versions of plugins you have into C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins, and then put copies of any existing 32bit-only plugins you still want to use into that folder as well (including the POD Farm.dll). Then when you use Cub 64bit you might find that some plugins don’t work so well, and you can pull them out of that folder, but they still have a copy in the 32bit app folder structure for when you fire up 32bit Cubase. (If you use Waves plugins, for instance, they don’t play nicely with Steinberg’s bit-bridge translator because of the way the actual plugins are shelled to one 32bit dll currently). Make sure your 64bit Cubase has this 64bit plugin folder on its VST 2.x Plug-in Paths list in Plug-in Information, and not the original 32bit folder, or things get very confused!

Sorry if that’s much more than you needed to know, but hopefully it’ll at least get your POD Farm in production!