POLL: Happy/Unhappy AND what sample rate do you run at?

I for one am not very happy with Cubase 6, and I’m eagerly awaiting the update. I happen to be using it at 48khz and 96khz. Everytime I look to see if anyone else has experienced a bug with Timewarp, audiowarp, variaudio, midi-timing, it seems to me that they’re also using some other sample rate besides 44.1khz. I’d bet that if I was using 44.1khz, I’d be a happy camper - but I want to know… is there a correlation?

Chime in!

Dave

unhappy/ 48khz and 96khz

pretty happy thus far. no big issues other than some crashing at first when i had Novation Automap installed. removed that and its been pretty stable.
i never really understood using 48khz or 96khz unless you are using the tracks with video. in fact, my audio engineering school basically recommended against it (granted that was like 2003). the basic reasoning at the time (when CD’s were still king, although mp3’s were growing quickly), is that if you were going to export to 44.1 for a CD or common .wav (for compatablity), the math the computer had to do to divide from 48 to 44.1 is fairly intense. 44.1 or 88.2 made a lot more sense in that reguard (divide by 2).
i have done many blind tests with several people and no one could really tell the difference. but hey, to each their own. if you think its better, go with it!

cheers,
dean

I’m a happy noob: 44.1 (I mainly use 44.1 because of all the problems I’ve heard about it)

Not happy with several 96kHz related issues.

You guys need to learn how to make your messages into a proper poll (look near the bottom of the message editor)! :wink:

So far, I am happy, only had C6 for about one month however, and limited time to really dig in. Lanes and Elastic are cool.

I prefer 96k, but depending on what the project is all about, less. I get the lowest latency at 96 of course.

not happy
48khz
was going for a 64bit version,since the vstbridge is CRAP Im back to old 32bit version on a 64bit system…
not happy

44.1, happy, don’t see the point in using anything else.

+1

All OK here at 44.1KHz,

my output only ever goes to CD (and mp3), so no need for anything other than 44.1KHz for me.

Happy @ 44.1… not happy @48/96 though! we use different rates for different jobs here so a bit of a mixed bag!

Anything other than 44.1 has been throwing up problems for years. All 5 of my systems have been happy with that.
When you run other than 44.1 I guess you really have to look at the soundcard settings so it’s all in a line.
Some cards can be really picky. Also when you do find a problem look at the soundcard forums to see if yours has issues that you may not have seen here.

And do you really need 48 or 96 etc? They certainly don’t sound any better or if they do sound better it’s negligible. My amp goes to 11 and it’s always blowing up.

Yes, some people do. Film for instance…

Not to mention people just handing you projects that were not recorded at 44.1. Some people seem to forget that in some cases Cubase is being used in actual commercial studios and that their own personal preferences for pop tunes or sample rates at home don’t play into the larger picture of what someone else may demand.

I run at 48k. Happy.
I don’t use variaudio, so…
I use midi in almost every project, no problems.

bump

Still on C5 but have tuned my system fairly well to run @ 48 khz 24bit.

Will not be updating until 5.53 is a reality, as I am weighing my options to purchase artist prior to upgrading cubase.

(would love nuendo but that’s another matter)

Happy @ 48Khz and very stable.
It’s all my StudioLive will give me anyway. But I’ve been using this rate for years without problems.

It’s the sample rate I most often use so I can empathize with others here and their issues and as pointed out by Mr Washington, tracking at 96Khz and dithering down in the pool is something I do when reworking (midi) drums.

Oh and where is this poll BTW :question:

+1 44.1khz