Poll: Rate Cubase 8 first release stability

I have to admit I’m extremely impressed with C8 so far. As someone who’s been solidly with Cubase since VST 3.5 in the mid 90s … this is hands down the most exciting, professional release version I have ever seen. SB clearly had a focus on useful, professional features this time. Very impressed.

As far as stabiity goes, this version has been perfect on my system. No crashes, great performance, way less crackles and pops, all prefs imported perfectly from the start. Perfect.

I have a similar kind of experience… rock solid system with C7.5.x but Cubase 8Pro is a bit of a train wreck. :neutral_face:
Certainly the most bug-ridden release I’ve experienced in 12 years.

I read the Bass Amp had a (crash) issue thats already been found and fixed, and will be available in the next update.

Yes I already know, I forgot to mention it in my post. Thanks for taking the time to clarify:-)

Hitting F3 (open VST mixer) crashes C8 for me. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.

I have 2 big albums I am mixing currently and doing it SAFELY on C7.5.3 as C8 cant be trusted.

Opening the mixer flashes the screen white. It’s like being photographed constantly, but no crashes. EastWest Play 3 does not work, GUI just turns white, Play 4 works but is a resource hog. That said I still like Cubase 8, but I hope there is a update coming soon.

+1 On the GUI, it’s a bit odd (W7 x64) how Windows Theme seems to change randomly from Aero Glass to Basic on some plugins and other windows, when loading a given project.
Last night I opened a project, Mixer Console 1 and 2 looked like Basic Theme (solid light blue shell), when I closed them and re-opened they were back to Aero Glass Theme.
Annoying, but otherwise everything seems to work well, particularly the new ASIO Guard, it’s given me a few extra procentage point of processing power.

And please, don’t tell me to change my OS to W8.1, I’m waiting for 10, and besides I expect better support for W7, it’s not That old.

I agree updating win7 to win8 would be crazy. Most daw-makers still use Win7, simply because it’s a proven OS. Win10 I would update to, if it brings anything significant. Anyhow it should not change how Cubase 8 behaves.

Je n’arrive pas à écouter un seul projet jusqu’au bout. il se ferme "cubase a cessé de fonctionner avec surcharge de CPU. je n’ai jamais eu ce problème sur cubase 6 puis 7 puis 7.5 !!!

I am experimenting huge Load peaks, never had those on C7.5.20.

Disappointed so far.