POLL: Who wants Elastique added to VariAudio?

Oh Yeah!! +1

erm…
who has chosen “No, it sounds fine as-is!”…??
mods? programmers?
:wink:
it would see a marked improvement - everybody (!) must believe that.

(P.S: I would also have influence on formants in VA!)

Hi Chris:

As I write this, the poll is 62 to 4 in favor of elastique pro being available for variaudio. My own experience comparing them is that elastique is substantially better than standard for monophonic material. And rapid pitch changes in variaudio don’t seem to be handled all that well in standard either (at least my experience is that I often have to back off on correcting some pitch problems because they come directly after a note that’s more than a few semitones away due tonthe strange artifacts) so it’s maybe worth investing in fixing up that area anyway.

Well I am all for giving Steinberg money. I buy the latest as soon as it is available. The DAW industry is small and every sale counts. So how about I promise to buy Cubase 7 if we have improvements to VariAudio now? :slight_smile:

Steinberg: please first send Steve a new sofa. Then please make VariAudio work with Elastique!

Steve never took the plastic covers of the fancy living room set (see below), and the “its only for company” rule applies. The 25 year old set is where life is lived no doubt! :wink: :astonished: :laughing:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Oops, there I go again, OT…

I am all for Elastique to be added to Vari-Audio, seems like a no-brainer!

I want Elastique everywhere possible: in my cereal, in my bed, at the job, in my pants & in VariAudio, too.

chewchewgumchewgumgumchewchew chewchewgumchewgumgumchewchew

That’s almost TMI! :laughing:

What, no A/C?

Steinberg: please send steve an air conditioner and a few hundred bucks to cover the cooling costs.

Or just buy Melodyne and be done with it. :wink:

bump?

Not to hijack, but how about Melodyne ARA?

One thing the solo algorithm can’t do is properly tune or stretch bass notes. I get lots of choppy artifacts. However, the “poly complex” algorithm works wonderful. I really want the option to render stretched/tuned material in any algorithm, like we can in the standard time stretch plugin. This would be a dream come true for time correction of live performances, without having to chop every note and move, tune, stretch and crossfade by hand.

It would be a wonderful option for VariAudio/AudioWarp.

BUMP !

@SonicBoom:
this thread is very old.
In C7 Cubase now we have Elastique Pro for Vari Audio.
:wink:
more:

VariAudio 1.0 = used Zplane Elastique Solo.

VariAudio 2.0 = Uses Zplane Elastique Pro algo.