Popping Clicking Sound in Cubase Project

I am very new in production, and have an iMac from 2010 3.6 GHz Intel Core i5 16 gig RAM and recently got Cubase 10 pro upgrading from 8 Elements (recently meaning about 8months) I open a project that I have been working on now for months, and now there is a popping sound in various places and not always in the exact place? I have followed the instructions on changing my Audio Device Buffer Size to its max and I am pretty sure I have followed those steps correctly. 2045 is where its at now and still it pops like crazy at times.
I did have 22 tracks mostly audio vocals, with 3 instances of Retrologue, one of Prologue, one of Halion that come with Cubase. Two of the 22 tracks are free plugins online, BFDrums and MT PowerDrumsKit. This has never occurred before and I have been using all of these since 2yrs back when getting Cubase Elements 8. I have now deleted one of my tracks and it seems like the popping has stopped however it has stopped briefly before and then if I raise any levels or do any work popping starts again. Any suggestions? (other than getting a newer computer lol)

Hi,

Try to increase Buffer Size of your Audio Device, please.

Hello Martin, thanks for responding however am I missing something? I stated— “I have followed the instructions on changing my Audio Device Buffer Size to its max and I am pretty sure I have followed those steps correctly. 2045 is where its at now and still it pops like crazy at times.” Did you read that or is there other places I can do this “increase Buffer Size of Audio Device” ???

Hi,

Oh, I’m sorry, I overlooked this.

Could you try to run First Aid on your Mac?

Yes and still popping.

Hi,

Start Activity Monitor (macOS utility) and try to observe what is happening in your system while playing the project back.