Pops/Clicks when scrolling or zooming around

Hello there, does anybody experience pops/clicks since using Cubase 11?
It gets worse when scrolling and zooming around, and I can hear it on my recordings as well.
The waveform looks a little bit distorted where it happens.
I have also Reaper on my PC for certain things, and there I don’t have any problem at all.

It happens with 2 different interfaces (Motu and Antelope). I already updated the graphics driver, system BIOS, chipset driver, interface driver and firmware, but no luck.

LatencyMon is always green and shows no spikes at all. My CPU load is around 20-30%, it is independent of buffer size and track count in the project.
I Just reinstalled Cubase 11 and that did not solve the issue either.

Win 10 20H2 - Intel I7 8700 K - 16 GB RAM - AMD RADEON RX 590 - Cubase 11.0.10

UPDATE:

I just took a new SSD (I always have some spare SSDs around, in case 1 disk fails), installed new Windows on it with Cubase 11 to be sure it is not my Windows or the disks fault. And it is behaving the same. I now try to boot the SSD inside my older computer, which I have laying around somewhere. Just to be sure it is not another hardware related issue.

UPDATE NR2:

I pulled out my old computer and put in my SSD. I was not able to reproduce the issue. So It most probably is some hardware issue on my PC (RAM, GPU or Motherboard I guess?).
Will try out different things.

Yes. I get the same thing. Glad to see that I am not alone. It was worse with the 11.0.10 update.
I have just set up a new i9 computer which in the normal scheme of things should be as happy as Larry running Cubase.

1 Like

UPDATE:
I just took a new SSD (I always have some spare SSDs around, in case 1 disk fails), installed new Windows on it with Cubase 11 to be sure it is not my Windows or the disks fault. And it is behaving the same. I now try to boot the SSD inside my older computer, which I have laying around somewhere. Just to be sure it is not another hardware related issue.

UPDATE NR2:
I pulled out my old computer and put in my SSD. I was not able to reproduce the issue. So It most probably is some hardware issue on my PC (RAM, GPU or Motherboard I guess?).
Will try out different things.

UPDATE NR3:
I think the GPU might be the issue. When switching to internal graphics it is better (different). Very strange, cause it never caused problems, spikes, etc. I am about to try to switch my RX 590 out with the GT1030 I had in the older computer, which had no such issues.

SOLUTION:
Swapping the RX 590 with an older GT1030 solved my issues. While it does not really make sense to me, that the RX590 suddenly started to make issues inside Cubase, I am happy I could sort it out quickly. Initially I bought the RX590 to use multiple monitors on 4K and because mutliple users stated that AMD cards introduce less issues and it worked fine until some weeks ago. I also had the lowest latency inside LatencyMon ever when using the AMD GPU, even during the pops and clicks. Really strange.
Fortunately displaying 2 monitors @4k 60Hz works with the older GT1030 too. I tested the issue on older Cubase versions as well, and it behaved the same there. So it is not related to a Cubase update I guess. Also downloading older GPU drivers before the issue was present, did not lead to a solution. Might be becaue of a newer Windows update I guess? @silhouette