Possible bug in tempo of audio clip in pool

In order to find out where and why slices end up at odd positions when using Create Slices in the Hitpoints tab, I found out that the key to the problem seems to be the tempo information for the audio clip stated in the Pool Window.

Next point is to figure out where this tempo information comes from. Although there seems to be some system, it seems not logical and in some way depending on the length of the clip.

Here is what I tried:

• Open an empty project 44100 Hz 24 bit
  • Leave tempo unchanged at 120
  • Add an audio track and record around 20 seconds without any sound
  • Set locators at zero and 15 seconds
  • Chose File/export/Audio Mixdown
  • Check “Output Channels” in the Channel Section and “Pool” and “Audio Track” in the Import to Project section
  • Export
  • Open the Pool Window Audio folder and notice the tempo of the new clip

If the clip is 15 seconds long, the tempo of the clip is 128, and not what should be expected 120 as the project tempo.

If the clips is 2, 4, 8, 16 … seconds long the tempo is correct 120, but all other lengths create tempo’s between 80 and 160, for smaller than 2 seconds even higher.

Doing the same thing in CB 5.5, all lengths of clips has the tempo 120.

Couldn’t find any thing on the forum or in the bug base. Can any one confirm, or give an explanation?

I read your other thread… maybe you can edit the subject of this topic to make clear that this is unexpected behavior, it certainly sounds like it. though I have not checked it myself, not having C6

Yes, you are right, I changed the headline. But first I wasn’t sure it vas a bug, but after reading why are my exported files a different tempo than the project - Cubase - Steinberg Forums I felt more secure.