Possible bug - tied chords

I’ve encountered what may be a bug, or it may be that I don’t understand how Dorico works! Here’s what happens:

1. I use my MIDI keyboard to enter a quarter note inverted A major triad on the fourth beat of a bar. So far, so good.
  2. I press T to turn on “Tie” mode.
  3. I press “5” to switch to eighth notes.
  4. I play the same chord on my MIDI keyboard, expecting that all three notes from the first chord will be tied to the same three notes in the second chord. This does not happen. Only the top note is entered, and it is tied to the top note of the previous chord. If I instead use “Q” to turn on chord mode, then it behaves as I would expect, only the caret doesn’t advance (of course).

I realize that entering single notes and entering chords are seen differently in Write mode, and obviously that must be done when entering notes with a computer keyboard. But when using a MIDI keyboard, could those modes not be merged somehow so that chords could be tied to chords without entering chord mode?

Again, I don’t know if this is a bug or merely expected behaviour. Thanks!

This is apparently the way it works, but I agree that being able to strike the second chord and have the appropriate notes tied (without pressing the Q key) would be preferable.

There’s a bug that prevents MIDI step-time input from working properly in chord mode with ties at the moment. I expect this to be fixed in the forthcoming 1.0.10 update.

Okay, that’s great! However, it IS working properly (or at least, the way I would expect) in chord mode. It’s when I’m NOT in chord mode that only the top note of the second chord is entered and tied from the previous chord.