I use mediabay to check my mixes and masters against other mixes. Brilliant tool.
However in Cubase 7, the levels when i preview from mediabay are not the same as in Cubase 6.5 and this confuses me…perhaps I’m doing something wrong in my C7 setup. Can any reproduce?
- Import a hot mastered audiotrack in Cubase, at least reaching -0.3 dB.Preferably a wav. file.
- Insert the slm128 meter in the controlroom rack.
- Play the track and check the true peak level in the slm128 meter.
- Open mediabay and CTRL-click the level fader in the preview window at the bottom of the bay to set it to 0.00 dB.
- Play the same track as you imported via mediabay and check the true peak level in the slm128 meter.
- They should be the same, but my aren’t…the mediabay plays the track 0.5-0.9-dB louder.
- Do the same in Cubase 6.5. My peak levels match exactly here…