Possible sale of my copy of Nuendo: What's Involved?

All,

I am in the early stages of possibly selling my Nuendo 5 license and would like to know how to properly stage the licenses for a new buyer.

My question surrounds the “de-reg” of my USB elicenser. I have found and walked thru the Resale Wizard here:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/free_articles/kb_show/resale-wizard-for-steinberg-software/kb_back/2020.html

However My situation is that I have both my Nuendo AND Wavelab 7 licenses on a single USB elicenser. If I follow the instructions provided at the end of the Resale Wizard - it has some scary advice like this:

"You only need to delete the registration of the USB-eLicenser from your MySteinberg account. This is quite easy!
Click on “Show Registered Products”.
Click on “REGISTERED USB-ELICENSERS/STEINBERG KEYS OR SOFT-ELICENSERS”
Beneath the entry of the USB-eLicenser holding the license you wish to sell, click on “DELETE REGISTRATION”.
A new page opens on which you need to confirm the deletion by clicking on “DELETE REGISTRATION” again.

As soon as the deletion has been completed the program can be sold as unregistered software. The re-registration can be made by the new owner and does not differ from the registration of newly purchased Steinberg software."

The problem with this “advice” is that I do not wish to sell my existing eLicenser (since I need it for WL) and I am thinking that I will need to purchase a new eLicenser for my potential buyer and use the eLicenser software to “separate” my licenses - WL to stay on the current key and Nuendo to move over to the new key.

Deleting this key from MySteinberg - sounds loike it will botch my Wavelab license and I won;t do that.

Anyone have a definite A->B listing on what needs to be done?

Cheers,

VP

Well, you should restart the wizard then and select “Yes” when it asks whether there are other licenses on the same USB-eLicenser. :wink:
This is the answer for that scenario:

At first it is necessary to separate the license of the program you are planning to sell from the other license(s) on the USB-eLicenser. For this purpose the eLicenser Control Center is providing the possibility to transfer licenses from one USB-eLicenser to another.

You can get empty USB-eLicensers from any Steinberg dealer. Within most European countries USB-eLicensers are also available in our online shop. If you are not resident in the scope of the online shop please contact your local distributor.

For the license transfer you’ll need at least two USB-eLicensers (a source and a target key). These are the necessary steps in detail:

Please install the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center before you start the transfer!
Open the eLicenser Control Center (Windows: Start > Programs > eLicenser, Mac: Applications).
Connect both USB-eLicensers. They will be listed in the eLicenser Control Center.
Click on the license you want to sell to grab it and drag it to the entry of the other USB-eLicenser while holding down the mouse button.
Release the mouse button to start the license transfer.
<<<

Ed,

Thanks. But the questions presented by the Wizard are misleading - and here’s why. When I get to the “licenses” step…it asks this :

Are there further licenses on the USB-eLicenser you are planning to sell?

YES NO

Now in my case - yes there is "one’ license that I am considering selling but NO “further” licenses. The “further” in this case is Wavelab and that’s why I answered No. But it all makes sense now. However - the Wizard could benefit from some slight rewording to make it easier. The Wizard should ask something like this at this step:

Does the USB e-Licenser contain a single license for a single product or multiple licenses for multiple products.

SINGLE MULTIPLE

Then based on this choice - it should roll toward listing solutions.

But I think I have it sorted now.

Cheers,

VP

Point taken! :slight_smile:

Glad it’s sorted now!