Possible to Repeat score sections while actual audio is playing?

Hi
dont know how to explain it with the right terms but ill try,
is it possible for example if i write notes in the score (play them actually in midi editor) from a song while audio file playing in cubase, lets say there is an intro ,section A, Section B, then Section A+B repeat in the song ,and i mark repeat signs in the score ,and i want it to repeat the cursor of the score separately from the main cubase cursor , or any other method without coping all sections again in the score to represent the actual structure of the song with the score and repeat signs.
EDIT:or maybe somehow delete in the score the bars of the A,B sections that are repeated ,so visually it aligns with the actual audio

That’s not possible. But you can Hide Staves in the Score Editor to hide excess passages, resulting in the score being correct. What happens is the inverse of your ‘request’, while the cursor passes through the hidden staves you won’t see it, and the project continues playing.

This must be done after you have completed the entire form,

Does that make sense?

yes thank you, i actually added an “Edit” on my original post thinking again about it while your were replying :upside_down_face:
so basically i need to select all of the bars somehow and hide them ! guess need reading the manual

Here’s a dummy cpr that does that. Open the Score Editor in Page View, and start playback at bar 23, then watch what happens.

To see the hidden bars, switch to Score Edit mode.
dummy.cpr (244.4 KB)

You know who that recording is, I suspect.

Nice that will do the job, i just cant figure out yet how to select multiple bars and hide them ,
now i select bar handles one by one, right click and hide, and it just hide them without trimming the actual time in the score

Lasso select works. Here I hid measures 24 to 60-something.

You can also select using the vertical bar to the left of the staff (highlighted in the vid)

1 Like

There is no audio(but the audio event says cifteteli), from the notes them self i didnt figure it out )))
but now i actually writing simple chart of chords and brass section notes of "Stavros Pazarentsis’‘ALA GREKA’’ " for a show just for a reminder

Thanks For the guide Steve :beers:

Ridiculous. I forgot to zip up the project folder. Anyway, it was HĂŒsnĂŒ ƞenlendirici & Laço Tayfa - Çiftetelli (Bergama Gaydası - 2000) - YouTube (the notes were just drawn in for the cpr
 nothing to do with the tune.)

1 Like

Laco tayfa,super group. I dont know this piece ,but i know who is husnu and laco
top musicians

1 Like

Hi again, i cant figuire out how to do it Again :woozy_face:
@steve , your gif is deleted,i think there was the info of how to do it.
i need to hide some repeating bars on time line and make reharsl marks on the score instead , can’t figuire out how to select and hide bars

Here in the GIF i figured out how to select and hide all row of a satff, its marked in red and i can hide it. but how to select say 2 bars or more in the middle of a satff, in the GIF as seen,i cant select bars, and when try to hide, the bar disapears but not in the right way
hide Bars

Strange, I can still see it.

Hooo i see, so its the same way as i selected, i mean i can select a row or more of staves , but is it possible to select range of bars, and hide the the same way as hiding staff ?, (where the bars that are after the hidden ones shift to the place of the hidden one)

Not as far as I know.

For predictable results you should do this as the last possible step. Any page mode formatting you do will ruin the hidden bar scenario.

Each case is different .

1 Like

:trophy: :fire: :100:

1 Like

This is what makes the Score Editor so unique, because it is so flexible.
You can see another workaround in the following video.
Though as @steve said, it’s probably not a great idea because it can potentially make a mess in your layout at some point
 or not! :thinking:
Try this:

2 Likes

mmmm, PITA ,

Thanks, i wish there was a direct hide for bars without workarounds
i thought of a workaround too,(not in the studio now to try on my project, only a test on my laptop)
the workaround is to manipulate “number of bars” per staff so all intended hidden bars seat on one staff
bar hide workaround
bar hide workaround 2

2 Likes

Very nice! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yup, that’s what I usually do.

1 Like