Pre-roll Timing Problem

Hello:

I’m using the 64-bit version of Cubase 6 and the pre-roll function on the transport panel doesn’t seem to be working properly. Specifically, it only plays about half of the expect length prior to the beginning of recording.

For example, if I set it to 1 bar, it only leads in by about half of a bar. If I set it to two, it only leads in by about one, etc. Interestingly, it’s never exactly half of the expected value, but always slightly more (and I’m guessing that this variation is proportional to the set pre-roll count).

This seems to be happening with all existing projects, but NOT on new projects. By the way, there are no issues when using a precount click instead.

Does anyone know what’s going on here?

Are you sure you have 1 bar set and not 1 beat? You should see 1.0.0.0 in the transport. Not 1.0

The only other thing I can think of is that you might have an odd Q setting like a triplet that the click is having a hard time enforcing. Like a sig of 4/4 and a 1/16t Q.

Yep, it’s definitely set to 1 bar. And the time signature and quantization settings are pretty normal: 4/4 and 1/16 with a randomization setting of 15 ticks.

Really weird stuff.

Bump. This thing is still happening on my end. No one else is seeing a timing problem with pre-roll?

It’s been reported before, a search might shed some light.