Prefs for Input and Output Presets - Where Are They Stored

Hello.

I am hoping that I can reuse my device setups in Cubase 8 for: external synths and effects, input presets, and control room presets so that I don’t have to recreate them in Cubase 8.5. Is there a list of files that I can copy over from my Cubase 8 folder into Cubase 8.5 that will save me this time?

I have a lot of external hardware and predefined mic setups that I don’t want to recreate from scratch if possible.

Hi,

Cubase 8.5 takes the Preferences of Cubase 8, which contains also the global settings of VST Connections, same as presets.

Where are vst connection presets stored for inputs and outputs?

Ok I have been able to copy over the preferences for everything except vst connections for my inputs and outputs. Does anyone know what file stores these settings? (I have retrieved by external instruments and effects, midi port names and control room settings )

I still can’t locate the presets for Input and Outputs that I created in Cubase 8. I have been able to get everything else to come across *from Cubase 8.-3 to Cubase 8.5) which saved me a ton of time. Still , I have at least 20 input presets that I use for various drum setups and mic cabinet scenarios. Does anyone know where these are stored?

In the RAMPresets.xml file, which is in the user/Library/Preferences/Cubase 8 (or 8.5)/Presets/

The manual indicates that new versions of Cubase would keep the preferences from the last version but going from 8 to 8.5 I lost midi devices, key commands, preference settings and audio connections. Spent 3 hours looking for things in the Cubase 8 folders and copying them to 8.5. :cry:

There was a discussion of this in another thread. The conclusion was that an update will migrate the previous installations preferences, presets etc. if you install Cubase for a single user (I’ve never had it not copy them since sx times). But if you install Cubase for all users of the computer it gets confused and can’t migrate the settings.

Of course when you reinstall on a new computer ya gotta copy all the settings manually. Perhaps the new profiles capabilities will make this easier in the future.

Thanks I had gone through this list and didn’t see the locations for input presets so I simply copied over the entire User folder at appdata from my Cubase 8.03 and everything came across.

Hi Scotty_123!
"…I simply copied over the entire User folder at appdata…’
To be clear do you mean c/Username/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase8.5_64?

Before answering I seem to have solved this.

I renamed C/Username/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase8.5_64

to C/Username/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase8.5a_64

and C/Username/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase8.0_64

to C/Username/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase8.5_64

This seems to work so far. :slight_smile:

Yes, that is what I did.