PreSonus FaderPort 2 (2018) midi remote script

Good morning @nogills and @blakus,

It makes me happy that some more people have use for my work. :smiley:
I worked on the script because I was also not 100% happy with the MCU protocol implementation.

You are absolutely right: you need to switch the FaderPort into Studio One Mode. This mode features the best and basic midi implementation to base 3rd party solutions.

Cubase / Nuendo are offering two way for creating midi remote devices. One is the graphical editor and the other is by using Java Script.

Here to links where you can find some basics about the script solution:

My script is written in Java Script because there the posibilities are much bigger. Feel free to use & modify the script or give me feedback what you would change or need.
The current assignment was my own approach to map the current posibilities as best as possible to the control elements of the Faderport.

Unfortunately not all what I wanted to implement is possible with the current implementation inside Cubase / Nuendo. E.g. I found no solution to un-solo all tracks. I will revise the script as soon as Steinberg add some more posibilities here.

Please read my post from the 20th of June for the assignment in the current version. You can also overwrite the assignment by clicking the button on the surface in Cubase or define a function for currently not used control elements. Cubase should remember your modification here. Please not forget to remove you user assignments if you load a new version from me (did cost me a bunch of nerves while development).

best regards
Werner

2 Likes