PreSonus FaderPort 2 (2018) midi remote script

Using it and loving it, thanks! I also like you left a few buttons unmapped so we can add mapping according to our own personal workflows.

Hello friends,

thx for all your appreciation.

In the while I changed the script and reworked it according your wishes. Thx @heggebugg for the very good ideas.

Like before, all the needed files and I created a small manual with the description of the assignments.

Have a lot of fun!

greets
Werner

PreSonus_FaderPort.midiremote (26.7 KB)
20220813_Presonus_FaderPort.zip (5.9 KB)
PreSonus FaderPort v2 - MIDI Remote Device Manual.pdf (328.0 KB)

12 Likes

Hi Werner,

what a perfect coincidence. I was getting so frustrated with the FP2 and had tried a generic controller from Asparion (D400) for Cubendo over the last few days. But it was so time consuming to program the D400 that I -again- reactivated my FP2 with all the lack of full compability.
That was just 30 minutes ago and then I search here something in the forum and came across your FP2 scripts. You really made my day !!! what you have accomplished is fanatastic and please let me know where I can send you a bottle of champagne or whatever you like ( I mean it) Your script is just awesome and will spare me a lot of anger and stress ! :slight_smile:

Guys, I still have a problem when I select track in Cubase 12 and touch the fader it selects the first tack in the project. Even if I change the track with the Next button on the FaderPort (2018). Iā€™m always editing the first track :(. Any idea please?

Fixed, sorry. My fault. I still had the Mackie Control active.
Now itā€™s working :). Itā€™s awesome!
Thank you guys! :heart:

1 Like

Just dropping by to say thank you for this script. My CC121 died, so I bought the FP2 as a replacement. Thankfully I found this post before sending it back!!!

THANK YOU

best

Steve.

1 Like

This is a fantastic script. So much so that I went out and bought a Faderport V2 to replace my faderport classic. The only problem I have is that Touch releases very quickly once the fader stops moving. This, of course, doesnā€™t happen with the old faderport and automation should continue to be written as long as the fader is touched. Is this just an issue with MIDI remote and touch sensitivity? Thanks!

Touch sensitive faders arenā€™t supported by MIDI remote yet.

Cheers,

Thomas

Iā€˜ve implemented the touchfader myself. I know that itā€˜s not supported by the MIDI remote API itself.

@Brent_Busby The current implementation does stop it immediately, yes. May there is a posibility to delay it at bit. Iā€˜ll have a look at this.

Thereā€™s a hint in this topic from @Jochen_Trappe that there will be an official implementation of motorised faders at some point. Unfortunately the current way doesnā€™t allow for quick modification of existing automation where a ā€œtouchā€ based automation would be needed (eg. existing automation only gets updated while touching the corresponding fader)

For that we still have to use MCU. In case of the Faderport this is a shame, as @WEM did an excellent job with the script.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, does anyone know if making a script for the FaderPort Classic is possible? Using the Midi Controller Surface Editor every button seems to send the same midi message, which of course means this method isnā€™t possible. The FaderPort itself largely functions when connected via the Mackie HUI, but the Channel Select and Bank buttons do not behave properly. It would be great to have this fully functioning but wondering if iā€™m wasting my time even thinking about trying to figure this out! Thanks.

Great script! I bought one today because of this :metal:

I have the same question. I have two Faderport Classic just laying around after native support was dropped by Presonus a couple of years ago. @WEM , do you have any suggestion of this can work with the Faderport Classic?

Absolutely amazing work btw, really appreciate you doing this.

effin good job man !!

Thank you for all your recognition. Itā€™s a pleasure to me to see that there is people out there that have use for my script! :smiley:

@Ian_Glover & @snattack: I did a quick look in the Faderport Classic manuals - I donā€™t have one in hardware. The Faderport Classic implementation looks different to me and follows the HUI or MCU protocol. There is no general midi mode like in the new Faderport. So I can at least say that it is not possible to use my script or port my script.

@dada_sandor Thx for the hint - Iā€™m looking forward to see the motor/touchfader implementation. This would help a lot here!

@WEM

Hey thanks a lot for the work youā€™ve done. I have a used Faderport 8 and Iā€™m not certain about the distinction between the v1 and v2 controllers. I asked around and other people supposed that the v1 is the same as the classic, but Iā€™m beginning to think that is incorrect and that I have a v1. When I add a MIDI Port my Faderport shows up as ā€˜Presonus FP8ā€™ and not as ā€˜Presonus FP2ā€™ like your script requires.

Do you happen to know if my controller is compatible?

Your Faderport is an 8 fader version, this script is for the 1 fader version (which is called the Faderport V2 - the classic, or v1, is also a 1 fader Faderport)

Faderport Classic / V1 = 1 fader

Faderport V2 (updated version of the classic) = 1 fader

Faderport 8 = 8 Faders

Faderport 16 = 16 Faders

Thanks a lot I was very confused about that. That makes me wonder if this javascript code could be repurposed for an 8 by injecting more code into it? I donā€™t have the skill set for that unfortunately, but now that the CC121 is discontinued I really, really hope itā€™s possible.

I unfortunately donā€™t have the 8 or 16 fader version to develop or test it. But I was already a few times short before buying one - propaply I buy one and then Iā€™ll adapt the script?! :wink:

Especially the the 8 / 16 faders needs to be considered in a different way and the 8 / 16 version have also displays and additional buttons. So itā€™s a bunch of work adapt to the this one.

Thanks for checking anyway @WEM