Presonus Faderport

Let us know how you get on. P

Recently upgraded to C6. Per an earlier post, I tried copying FaderPort.bundle to steinberg component folder, but “components can’t be modified”, and I don’t know how to get into C6 folder. The Faderport already shows up in device set-up quick controls midi in and midi out, but if I click apply and ok, it still doesn’t work. Faderport still works as it has on Cubase Studio 5.1.1. - the pan was never worth much but I use it for transport, occasional fader, and track selection. What I am missing here? Any hints would be appreciated.

Please, any help on this?

Thank you.

I was going to bump this for more help, but in trying to get the background to post, I figured it out.

Win7, 64 bit…

The advice to copy faderport.dll is correct. BUT, the catch is that more than one faderport.dll exists, and you have to install the RIGHT one. The installer knows where to put it for Cubase 5, but hasn’t been updated for Cubase 6. So, if you’re doing a fresh install of Cubase 6, it won’t be installed automatically. When I first tried to get it going I did a search for faderport.dll, and copied the first one I found to the components folder, which wasn’t compatible.

The right one is found in C:\Program Files (x86)\PreSonus\Faderport\Faderport Dll\Cubase\x64.

Copy THAT one to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Components

js

Hey,
The solution doesn’t seem to be working for me, although it did help show the Faderport when I click on the ‘+’ sign to add a remote device. Unfortunately, while I was able to add the device, the options for “midi input” and “midi output” do not have an option for USB.

Instead, there are options for the midi inputs and outputs on my recording interface.

Hope someone can tell me what I should try next!

• Jimmy Rage

Resolved!

• Jimy Rage

How?

Nick

Hi Nick,
Sorry I didn’t check back. The work around is to run the latest firmware update, version 1.35, following the normal process. The main idea is to update the firmware. After that, run the update version 1.2, but after installing the driver update, exit before the firmware update takes place.
Cheers!

• Jimmy