Press Play button but a little delay start song

Why When I press the Play button on a song,The start of song is start a little delay. How to fix.

CPU AMD FX-8350
Ram 8Gb
Audio interface: Tascam US-2x2
Cubase LE AI Elements 8 64bit

press sooner :wink:

Seriously, if I need to have the project run in sync with a backing track for instance (outside of CB, streaming service for example) I set a loop point at the start of the secion and keep pressing the ‘1’ key until the beat is in sync, then I let the project run along… have not found any other way as I believe CB does not store the start of a song in any buffer, like with Traktor.

hope this helps!

I never used these functions so I am not sure if any of these would cause the issues you have but might be worth a check…

• Maybe you somehow changed the “Track Delay” settings? This function is found in the inspector section. An example of it is shown in the operation manual page 87.
  • Maybe you changed some of the settings in the Project>Project Setup menu that might make it seem like your project start is delayed? Look in the operation manual on page 76.

Regards :sunglasses:

Thank you VinnieD and Prock.

I did not set any “Track delay” and “Project Setup”

It does not like my “Propellerhead Reason8” When I press Reason8’s play button. The song start same time as i press.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

You do realize that the song is recorded starting at bar 2, right? So there will be a slight delay as the cursor moves from it’s start position to bar 2. If that is what the issue is you could change the values in the project setup menu or you could just move your audio to the left to be somewhat closer to bar 0.

However, giving some room at the beginning of your projects is typical. So if this is the issue I would not worry about it. When you finally mix it down the mixdown will start at the right locator position and the delay will be nil if you set that locator close to the beginning of the song.

Regards :sunglasses:

Reduce the ASIO buffer size, render large latency fx down.

Thank you all.

Just a little bit delay as videos.

Hi There.
I have just read your problem, I have the same issue for a time.
Now I find a good sollution to fix that.
If you have inserts with have a lot of latency, try to mute/unactivate them, there you are.
Think that’s the big issue.

I really can’t imagine that there’s still no way for Steinberg to adress this issue. Music is all about timing, right? When I hit start I expect things to roll right away. Even with a completely empty project at 32 samples buffer size there is a lag. Note: When I hit the start button, it immediately turns green, but the stop button stays on as well. About some split seconds later the stop button turns off and simultaneously the cursour moves. So I think the whole thing is pretty much by design. Because other developers are able to deliver satisfying results in this regard, is see no excuse for Steinberg for not getting this thing right.

Does anyone get their projects to start simultaneously with pressing the start button? I don’t think so. I haven’t seen such a statement yet, despite numerous, not helpful at all “good advises” on buffer size, plugin load and what not. All crap and meaningless. So eventually, please anyone chime in and state: “Yes, on my system Cubase starts immediately.”