PREVIOUS TRACKS BLEEDING ONTO NEW TRACK

CUBASE 6…RECORDING A NEW AUDIO TRACK AND PREVIOUS TRACKS BLEED ONTO THE NEW TRACK.
THE SOUND IS DISTORTED. I AM NEW TO CUBASE AND ALL THINGS TECHY AND WOULD BE GREATFUL OF ADVICE.

THIS PROBABLY ISN’T CUBASE’S FAULT BUT YOUR AUDIO INTERFACE’S. WOULD YOU BE KIND ENOUGH TO TELL US WHICH BRAND/MODEL OF AUDIO INTERFACE ARE YOU USING.

i AM USING A tASCAM us-122MK11
i HAVE CHECKED THE DRIVER IS THE LATEST.

Your Capslock seems broken…

It might be something with your interface. I really can’t comment on the quality of what you have or any driver issues. I don’t know…sometimes you end up paying more for spending less.

If you’re sure there’s no issue with your interface I’d bet it’s something pretty basic:

1. If your control room and tracking room are the same, make sure your monitors aren’t auditioning any audio while recording.

2. Your headphones may be the source of the bleed. Some studio headphones, such as the AKG K 240 Studio have open backs. This means that the back of the headphone does not impede audio bleed what-so-ever. Even a closed back headphone such as the Sony MDR-7506 will give you some bleed if you crank them loud enough.

3. I guess you could possibly have an Output bus wired as an Input? Go into VST connections and make sure that your inputs and outputs are correctly designated. Your interface might have came with some type of software for mixing as well. That mixing software can be helpful at times…but it might be that you have something double bussed due to your interface’s included software.

Just a few things to consider…Good Luck!

Many thanks for taking time to look at my problem, I will look at the bus settings.

No problem man. Let us know how it goes

Hello, old topic but if someone did find a solution… I got same problem. Its not even bleeding, its the all playback tht’s recorded in a new track. Steinberg Forums
VST connections setup looks fine to me