Printing (exporting) select flows

Is there a way to export to PDF a layout (or multiple layouts, I guess) of just single flow (even when the layout will ultimately contain multiple flows once the whole project is done), and have the PDF named for the flow, including its work number?

I’ve just been doing Page Range instead of the entire project; but I agree, it would be nice to do as you suggest. I don’t think it’s possible at this time.

Yes, I agree that this would be useful, and it’s on our list for the future.

Please add this asap. Using D 2.1 for a full orchestral film score right now with 20 music cues (one cue per flow). I need to export individual cues. What would be also nice to have a way to tell dorico: Create A folder for Each Flow and Export (Single Parts + Full Score) PDFs into those folders…

Thanks , lokotus

Are there any news on this?

Not at present.

I’m new to Dorico, but it looks like this option has been added, perhaps in a recent update. In the Print tab, under Job Type, I can select “All,” or select pages, or select flows. However, when I have multiple layouts selected for print/export, and I select just one flow to export, only the first layout in the list is limited to the flow I selected. The other layouts all print/export “All.” Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

You have to select the layouts on the left-hand side first, then click the button to choose which flows you want to print: the choice of flows applies to each selected layout.

Do you mean I should select each layout individually? When I select all the layouts on the left, then select the flow I want, only the top flow in the list is limited to the flow I selected. The others export, but they export all the flows.

Actually, after playing with it some more (I didn’t see your reply at first, sorry) it looks like after going through the whole list of layouts and selecting the flow I want for each layout individually, I’m then able to select the layouts I want en masse and they all limit themselves to the selected flow. And after that they start behaving the way I would expect- e.g. if I select a different flow, all of the selected layouts make the change without me having to change each one individually again.

My best guess at what is happening is that at the start, all the layouts default to exporting “All,” and selecting all the layouts and changing the print range to “Flows” only changes the top layout for some reason. But once I’ve gone through the layouts individually and changed the print range to “Flows” for each one, they seem to respond to changes in which flow en masse without any problems.