Printing to PDF using A3 paper

Greetings, This is my first posting to this forum and I have searched for information on this topic but have failed to find what I need. I need to export an A3 score as a PDF and then take it to a commercial printing firm to print out the work. I can’t seem to find a way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Michael

Go to Print mode, select the ‘Full score’ layout on the left-hand side in the Layouts panel, then on the right-hand side, change the ‘Destination’ to ‘Graphics’, choose ‘PDF’, and click the ‘Export’ button at the bottom right-hand corner of the window.

Thanks, Daniel, for the prompt response as usual. I will try that later. I do you that you are keeping well and that Dorico is progressing well for you.

I have begun to use Dorico on a regular basis and I have to say congratulations on a great achievement. I like in particular the lovely clean lines of the interfaces.

Regards Michael

I’m back again. Using your advice I got this working once but now I cannot seem to get Dorico to work in A3 printing mode using the instructions you you helpfully provided. Help please…

Michael,

In the print dialogue box itself on a Mac, A4 is a preset Paper Size for PDF output. Would doubling the length and width for A3 as a ‘custom’ (the last menu item, ‘Manage Custom Sizes’) and then exporting work for you?

Thanks Mark. Interesting work-around! Some time ago I got this advice from Daniel. “Go to Print mode, select the ‘Full score’ layout on the left-hand side in the Layouts panel, then on the right-hand side, change the ‘Destination’ to ‘Graphics’, choose ‘PDF’, and click the ‘Export’ button at the bottom right-hand corner of the window”. That seemed to do the trick at the time but now I cannot seem to get it to work. I would like to know what I am missing here.

When you export a PDF from Print mode in Dorico, the export will always use the page size specified in Layout Options for the layout you’re exporting. Is the layout itself set to use A3?

Michael,

Daniel’s next is far better advice than mine, of course.

The dialogue in question is in a menu in Setup Mode, Setup > Layout Options or Cmd + SHIFT + L

Success! The piece of the jigsaw that I was missing was put in place by the last suggestion of Mark’s. Many thanks to you both for the helpful assistance.