privileged helper has wrong version

I just did that even though I already had 3.0.25 installed.

Same issue. I can’t install anything I paid for. THANKS!

All specs in sig.

And guess what guys, I can’t start a support ticket cause I am in Australia! It just gives me a link and asks me to contact the Australian distributor. Well Monday I am all day at hospital again for tests, but I’ll place a call Tuesday. YEAH, like THEY are going to be able to fix THIS! They are just going to contact Steinberg and call me back a week later and not help at all.

I can contact Avid directly at any time and I never have to wait more than 24 hours.
That’s made my decision for me once and for all.

I only updated to Absolute V4 to be compatible with current and future mac OS, but it doesn’t work. at all! YAY! (not).

Nothing will install, nada. They all fail when “licenses manager installs helper tool” and i put in my password.No anti virus. I even disabled the built in OSX firewall which I really should never do… No help.

As far as mackeeper, do you really think any Steinberg user would be dumb enough to have that malware on their mac? I don’t.

Edit, the fix above won’t work as it won’t allow me to install 3.023 over 3.025… I ran the installer and all seemed ok, but when I launch it’s still 3.025.

There is no way around this.

Can I PLEASE use the EXPENSIVE vst library I PAID for? Do you guys even TEST this stuff? How can you release something like this?

I’ve tried to reinstall from scratch 10.5.12 and its even worse.

I can get it to install by manually copying all the VSTSound content ahead of time and then running the installer. it will install Cubase 10.5.12 and it appears to be working fine, but all Factory content for HalionSE, GrooveAgent, etc…is not recognized by Cubase.

Clearly the 10.5 installer is broken on OSX, I wish Steinberg would figure it out. Their support team did take a log zip file from me about a week ago to investigate but I never heard back. I was hoping 10.5.12 might fix it, but no…its actually worse than before. Before at least it recognized some of the content but gave some errors when loading. Now it doesn’t even see anything at all for all the factory content. Library manager see it all just fine and reports now problem.

The problem with the funky dialog box during install is also shown if you try to use the MOVE command inside Library Manager.

broken steinberg.

Anyone know a way to manually get the content showing in cubase somehow?

1 Like

It frustrates the hell out of me that Yamaha Australia are the Steinberg support contact - just about every single request I’ve sent through via email is completely ignored.

Sorry your libraries don’t work, mine seem to work ok on 3.0.23 … but there’s still errors all over the place installing some things.

Thanks man… I can’t get 3.023 installed, otherwise i’d use it.

I do uncheck the library manager during each individual instrument install too, but it always seems to be the latest version. I can’t use anything at the moment :frowning:

I’ll try them on Monday, but I am not sure what for, they are useless. I want to use my absolute 4 in pro tools, it’s aax now, and I will fight ferociously till I can use it, but that’s it from me. No more steinberg. I had no idea about this till yesterday when I tried to install it. This sort of thing is absolutely unacceptable, and to let it go on a month (as this library manager is a month old) is mind blowing. To release something that stops people from installing their software, and not attending to it… I can’t accept that… It’s just too much. After the elicenser problem (when i bought the 16" macbook pro, i checked first, and they claimed full compatibility with catalina… a plugin in dev had to help me out after and tell me it was BS and they knew about it, and i returned the laptop as I could not use elicenser plugins like vengeance in pro tools), and now this… I just can’t deal with it. I can’t spend the majority of my time sorting out issues instead of composing. I wasted so much time on that elicenser and people telling me I had faulty USB ports and other rubbish (there’s another topic about that) when all along it was steinberg:(
Anyway, the only solution is for them to refund me completely for absolute going back to version 1, or fix it. I’ll take either, and be gone. I’ll sell my cubase 9.5 pro license for a pittance, and thankfully I already got a refund on the nuendo 10 crossgrade as I never activated it.

And just so you know, i had a huge problem with absolute back at V2…it was all over the kvr forums, was unusable, many confirmed, took ages to sort it again. 3 was ok, i thought they learned their lesson. How can you release stuff that flat out doesn’t work? Worse yet, won’t even install? Who ARE these beta testers? Oh, that’s the third option, they can put me on the beta team, I’ll actually report issues pronto.

PS I don’t think yamaha AU can do anything about it anyway, steinberg simply have to release a fix, it’s in their hands.

FWIW, retrologue is fine. I presume cause that’s not installing extra sample based libraries or anything. At least I can use that in PT for now.

And it basically uses no cpu… I have only used it on my weak macbook in my sig so far, and it goes to 10% when being played realtime at 128 buffer… It’s so optimised that when I disarm the pro tools VI track so it goes on the 1024 playback buffer (it works exactly as asio guard does), the cpu usage doesn’t change at all. I am at least impressed with that… man they have optimised it. I am able to play long release pads with 32 voices with zero issues, and mono sounds basically use nothing at all.

Some halion sounds are already installed due to Cubase 9.5 pro (owned) and now 10.5 pro demo, but most of them say it can’t find the sounds. Halion sonic is my favourite rompler of all time, there is nothing else on the market like it with such quality sounds in all categories… usually they all lack somewhere but HS covers it all, which is why I always loved it. I do have a motif keyboard and an integra-7 for romplers in the meantime, but i’d still really love to use HS in pro tools, and even start mucking about with the full Halion.

I am also very into the idea of groove agent, and the grand. I hope steinberg break this deafening silence and just SAY something to me! an ETA, anything!

Or manual instructions to get it working. It should just be an xml file somewhere that needs patching I would think

sorry not sure what you mean, but I would be happy if Steinberg contacted me with manual override instructions so I could use the plugins… is this what you meant?

Either that or someone here may know if its possible to do it by hacking some XML. I couldn’t figure it out, I tried. But yes Steinberg needs to fix this.

I found this helpful:

Dumping the buggy version in the trash and installing 3.0.23 worked for me. I had previously stupidly assumed installing 3.0.23 over the top of 3.0.25 would be ok - it isn’t.

25 years of excellent performance on Mac here - this is the first dodgy thing Steinberg has released to my recollection.

Nothing to do with PC v Mac, and neither is this thread.

Well, it worked.

1. Uninstall Steinberg Library Manager 3.0.25
  2. Install Steinberg Library Manager 3.0.23 from here (just scroll down to see it): Steinberg Library Manager | Steinberg
  3. While installing your products, uncheck Library Manager in Required Utilities, see the pic.

Done.

Can’t update Halion 6 / Sonic 3 … same problem.

This is major - why isn’t it fixed?

See my post above.

Yes, I just don’t think a workaround of using a previous version should be required.

I just want to thank everyone who suggested using the 3.0.23 Manager . . . not pretty but it worked for me too!

Cheers.

Not sure, what the Steinborgs are into these days, but quality assurance is somewhat different to what I experienced lately with their products.

That’s quite unacceptable to have the community of users who paid for a product to find our solutions themselves (!)

Anyway: thanks to all you guys. Just wanted to drop feedback, what really helped for me:
Downloading the Fullinstaller of 10.5 (Nov 13, 2019) from the mentioned address

All other approaches (like installing the old version 3.0.23 of the library manager) did NOT work for me.

All the best from Berlin, Alex

The best quality assurance is to not upgrade your software until you have downtime. Every professional knows this. There are to many variables to expect Steinberg to be perfect, find every bug, and then to simultaneously have to deal with Apple doing stupid sh!t to their OS when Steinberg just happen to be releasing an update. This is the nature of software, it’s not Steinberg and you cant compare Steinberg to others because the software is different, does different things, has different protocols, different 3rd party sdk utilities, etc, etc.

It’s simple, don’t update your software unless you need to and when you have implemented your own fall back securities and have time to mess around, and even reformat your studio computer if you have to. This is the same for updating Excel, or firmware, or drivers, installing a new graphics card - anything.

The library manager / helper issue is included (forced) by all product downloads.

If you buy a new library or follow Steinberg’s direction to download a fix for a library you are going to find it very difficult to install at this time.

It’s not about updating too early.