Pro 10 crashes

Hi there,
I am as well experiencing regular crashes using Pro 10 on Windows 10 with a brand new Desktop ASUS 8GO Ram 64bit. I have purchased Cubase Pro 10 in May 2019 and finally am stuck with an issue on the software - I have, so far, changed all connecting cables, even a guitar, tested the Steinberg UR44 on previous computer running with LE7 (all fine) - so it has something to do with Pro 10.
I saw from similar issues in the forum that you would want to consult the CrashDumps file - it is attached.
I could not record one single complete project since May, as this issue is recurring and completely unpredictable wether I record analog instruments or even play 1 or 2 tracks back.
Should I go down a version and if yes, will you refund the price of this supposedly top version if it appears not able to run smoothly on/with my equipment?
Cubase 10.0.20.187 64bit 2019.6.9 20.24.40.621.dmp (846 KB)

Hi and welcome,

Please update to the latest Cubase 10.0.30.

I’m also having crashing issues and I’m on the latest version using the latest version Windows 10 as well.

Hi,

Could you attach a crash dump file, please?

Hi Martin,
I am on 10.0.30 version - it took 5 minutes until it crashed during recording.
Anything else that I should do?

Hi,

Update to Cubase 10.0.40, please.

Is a crash dump created when does it crash? Attach it, please.

Updated to 10.0.40, crashes ongoing - no particular reason behind - 5-10 minutes into doing anything in a project

crashdumps file attached
Cubase 10.0.20.187 64bit 2019.6.9 20.24.40.621.dmp (846 KB)

Hi,

The crash you attached comes from Cubase 10.0.20. Do you have any 10.0.40 crash dump file, please?

OK remnd me how I access to the crash dump file?

Hi,

Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder.

Thanks Martin for sticking with me.
I reloaded e-licenser as I read something about CB 10 Pro working longer time if that is updated. However, did not change anything.
I reloaded the Cubase software completely version 10.0.40 no changes
Tried to see the Dump file - went to Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps - no file created there under 10.0.40
Downloaded ProcDump from the Microsoft web - no change
put the latency to 32 - then to 516 - no change
It just goes for a couple of minutes, then I get a rumbling like a false contact and the screen freezes, and Cubase just closes itself.
What can I do next, if anything ? Ask Steinberg to reimburse and go for another provider ?

Same issues here. The crashes started happening after the.30 update. Before the update I didn’t have any. Not sure if this is related or not.

Out of 50+ crashes I only have 2 dumps created.

Hi,

Use this when Cubase crashes, to get a crash dump file, please.

Hi,

Could you attach a crash dump file, please?

I attached it in my own crash thread (one of many in the Issue subforum).

Here’s the link to the dump file: