Pro Tools to Cubase Tempo Map and Midi?

Greetings,

I’m having some trouble figuring out how to get my tempo map and midi information from Pro Tools 2018 into Cubase Pro 9.5. I can export midi files from PT and import them into Cubase, but I don’t seem to be able to carry over any tempo map information.

If anyone can shed some light on this for me, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Hi and welcome,

If you import a MIDI file and create a new project, the tempo of the MIDI file is used. But, if you import it to an existing project, the tempo of the project is not overwritten by the MIDI file tempo.

A workaround could be to import the MIDI file and create a new project, and then copy > paste the tempo from that project to your project.

@Martin.Jirsak , I know this is an old issue and not a bug. Something that I knew and then forgot. Any chance of updating the message.

NOTE: Create new if needing tempo map from midi.

Hi,

How should the message look like? And why? The message is asking exactly for the function, which is going to follow.

Hi Martin, this screen comes up when you import MIDI into an existing project. Creating a new project Cubase will copy over the tempo map and time signature along with the MIDI. If you select No then Cubase will copy over just the MIDI. I just thought it would be a good reminder and notice to new users that the software has this behavior.

Do you want to create a new project?

NOTE: When importing MIDI, creating a new project will also import tempo map

I don’t know the internals of the code in Cubase, you could be using this same screen for any type of import. I just forgot about this behavior and spent some time finding the solution. Just thought it would be a good reminder.