Problem running video in dorico

HI
Problem running video in Dorico. Hope some can help. First time to try and run a video. Have attached to a flow and set the correct frame rate to match video. On play back while I’m getting the sound from the video file the screen remains black until I stop playback. Then freezes showing the picture where I stopped playback. Most of the time if I continue Playback this frozen picture remains or the screen goes black again.

Sorry to hear of your problems, Peter. Are you on Windows or Mac? Do you have multiple displays connected to your computer? If so, does it appear to make any difference which display you position the Video window on? Have you tried another video file (ideally using a different codec) to verify whether the problem occurs with all video files, or just with this one?

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me. As this is not my day job just using a lap top so only one screen unfortunately. The operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. The processor is an AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 graphics 1.80 GHz. With 16MB Ram
At first I tried the video in Cubase Elements 8 and when Importing it was prompted to install quick time which I did. After which I was able to import the video. However there was a warning on the on the video track that the project frame rate which I set to 24fps didn’t match the video rate which is 23.976fps. However the video did play back with some slightly breaking up here and there but in sync with the sound track.
I moved on to try it in Dorico attached the file and set the frame rate to 23.98fps with the aforementioned results. Could it be that my system is not powerful enoughto run the Video. At the time I had nothing written so no VTS instuments were running.
May be short time before I can try a different video. In the meantime would be grateful for your advice.
Regards
Peter M

On the face of it, it sounds like it should work acceptably well. Try downloading and installing MediaInfo, and drag your video file into that application, then paste in the results that it shows you about the format of the video file here.

Hi
As suggested downloaded Mediainfo and dropped the Video in. please find the information below.
Thanks
Peter M

Complete name : C:\Users\Peter Murphy\Downloads\BlackbirdMASTERV_NoMusicV2.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/mp41)
File size : 595 MiB
Duration : 5 min 57 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 14.0 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2021-02-24 18:09:25
Tagged date : UTC 2021-02-24 18:15:59
TIM : 00:00:00:00
TSC : 24000
TSZ : 1001

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4.1
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 13.7 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate : 768 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 816 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.363
Stream size : 581 MiB (98%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2021-02-24 18:09:26
Tagged date : UTC 2021-02-24 18:09:26
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Source duration : 5 min 57 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 317 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 13.5 MiB (2%)
Source stream size : 13.5 MiB (2%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2021-02-24 18:09:26
Tagged date : UTC 2021-02-24 18:09:26

On the face of it, that looks like a compatible video file. Would you be willing to share this video with me so I can try it for myself? If you can use a service like WeTransfer it shouldn’t be too difficult to send that file to me. My email address is d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.

HI
Thanks for getting back to me.
I would be happy to send you the file. However the video was sent to me by a friend who has a production company who had stripped the music track from one of their shorts so I could try and get my head around writing to picture. So I would think in that circumstance I would have to ask their permission first before sending it on. Will see what they say and let you know either way.
Thanks once again for your help
Peter M

Hi
Checked out that it was okay to forward their file. All good so have sent a dropbox link to your email. Also they are going to send a different Video to me so I can see, as you had suggested, if another video would run without the same problem
Thanks
Peter M