Problem: Steinberg Application Installer Tool for Yosemite

Hi guys!

I recently uninstalled Cubase 5 from my Macbook Pro to free up disc space, but now I need to reinstall it as I’m working with some people using Cubase and need to open their projects on my Macbook. However, I’ve recently upgraded to Mac OSX version 10.10 - Yosemite - and I got the message telling me “Wrong Mac OSX version: You need at least Mac OS X 10.5.0 to install this software”. So I googled this and found that Steinberg have released a fix - http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/content_and_accessories/content_and_accessories_saitfy.html - BUT when I tried using it as per instructions I keep getting the following message:

“No Steinberg products found. Please mount the downloaded product or insert the product disc in your disc drive and restart this app.”

Has anybody found a solution? Desperately need to re-install Cubase!!!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem with reinstalling Cubase Essentials 5 on Yosemite! Please post a solution, really need it :frowning:

Aloha guys, and welcoming both of you to the board. E’ Komo Mai’.

Steiny products are not yet fully compatible with Mac OX 10.10.0 (Yosemite)

They are still working on it.

Any new developments will show up here:

Good luck!
{‘-’}

Please also have a look at the list of supported products for the installation helper:
http://support.steinberg.de/downloads_additional_content/Steinberg_Application_Installer_Tool_For_Yosemite/1.6.0/SAITFY_supported_products.pdf

Cubase and Cubase Essential 5 are not compatible. Also please note that we won’t release any update to the applications itself to make them Yosemite compatible.

I have the same problem, but with Cubase 7.
When I try to install Cubase 7 (the Core Installer of Cubase 7.0.0) I get the message: “No Steinberg products found. Please mount the downloaded product or insert the product disc in your disc drive and restart this app.”

But actually the Yosemite installation tool of Steinberg works, when I want to install the Cubase 7.0.7 Update.
So I did this.
The problem I’m facing then is, that Groove Agent One always displays an error message, when loading a new preset, that it can’t find any samples.

So I assume, I first have to install the Core Installer and then the Update to 7.0.7.

My questions are:

1. Do I really need to install the Core Installer first in order to get everything working fine? Or is there a workaround, so that Groove Agent will find the missing samples.
  2. If I have to install the Core Installer first: How is that possible? (without getting the error message)

Thanks for the help!

MacBook Pro, 15’’ Retina, late 2014, 16GB Ram, 512 SSD, CPU 2.5 GHz

I just faced the same problem, what you need to do is download the complete installation which is 2files total of 8+GB, not just the core installation.

click on downloaded file and mac will run it as a virtual drive, then run the installer tool for yosemite, this might works well.

What about cubase 6 education software?

What if you can’t buy an upgrade from Cubase Essential… Am I done? there must be a solution to it. Has anybody been successful with this?