Problem upgrading from CUbase AI LE Elements 8 to full

Hello,

I am currently using the Cubase LE AI Elements 8 version that came with my steinberg audio interface. However, when I open the program, it tells me that getting the full version is packed with loads of extra tools and so i decided to buy the full version. I got the activation key by email but now I am having trouble getting the full version. Do I have to do something in my E-licenser to actually download the full version?

Thanks

Follow these instructions (the videos are good)…

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/productactivation.html

Regards :sunglasses:

Thanks for the reply, but the video shows how to upgrade using a USB licencer. I do not have that. I purchased the download version and I got an activation code for Cubase Elements 8. I put that in my E licenser application and I have screenshot the image. It shows Cubase AI LE 8, Cubase Elements 8, and Cubase 8 trial version. And on my desktop, the application still says Cubase LE AI Elements 8. Is there a fix to this?
screenshot.png

It is possible that the shortcut on your desktop is still to the LE AI version.

When you open Cubase from that shortcut and check under Help>\About Cubase what version is listed?

If it says Cubase Elements 8 then just rename the shortcut.

If it says Cubase LE AI… then check in your start menu. You should have folders for both Cubase versions.

Create a desktop shortcut for the Elements 8 version. Open it and check the version under Help>About Cubase.

Hopefully you will be all set. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Wow that fixed the problem. Turns out im using Cubase Elements 8. I thought the shortcut name would change too as im new to this problem. Thanks!