Problem whit starter cubase AI7

HI, i’ve alredy buy a mixer yamaha MG16XU and download Cubase AI7… but when start cubase and i choose the driver asio MG-XU, Cubase stops working. what can i do?

Hello,

Please tell me which specific operating system version you are running and also if it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Thank you.

is windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Please try installing the latest Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.8.6 for Windows (64-bit):

http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&asset_id=63010&category_id=16506&product_id=1904367&1409932391

Next restart your PC and then open Cubase and go to Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System, select the Steinberg Yamaha USB Driver, and click OK, and tell me if you still receive the same error.

Thanks.

now is working… thanks!

I’m getting the same problem, its becoming really annoying…I managed to make it work a few weeks ago then suddenly the same issue again. I’m also using Win 7 64 bit home premium. Will retry, again this time…

“I’m still having the same error, after reinstalling v1.8.6 Cubase AI7 still freezing when loading the Steinberg MG16XU driver… i tried already all of the driver version each at no avail…would really appreciate if someone from Steinberg look into this issue for MG16XU.”

Its kinda weird that after giving up yesterday, suddenly it worked… My question is why the ASIOdriver is having these kind issue? As i mentioned I was able to make it work a few weeks ago, & suddenly it started giving the same problem again. Also I’ve seen an updated version, but sadly its not working & freezes Cubase even when using other DAW’s. The driver v1.8.6 somehow works but randomly giving the same symptom.