problem with Cubase 7.5.40 and Audient ID14

Thanks for the update. As far as I know, Audient is investigating on it.

I’m just hijacking this thread to share my experiences too. I wonder if you found a solution to this issue. I have the same problem with Cubase 7.5, Sierra and a Saffire 18i20. Audio output is fine on Macbook speakers and shows meters on recordings and midi of each track. However if running through the Saffire, only the midi output shows on track meters. I have recently swapped macs with my son and he had upgraded the operating system on this system. If Id have realised I probably wouldn’t have allowed him to swap.

Hi, Im still having my problem of incompatibility. People in Audient send me this answer:

"Ryan Ellis January 19, 2017 07:57
Hi Dany,

We are very sorry for the delay in getting back to you again. However as mentioned previously we are finding it very tough to find a solution for your issue. However we are currently in communication with Steinberg to try and find a solution as we have been able to replicate the issue in our office. At the moment we believe it is because you are using a version of Cubase that is not officially supported for your version of OSX. The last officially supported version of OSX for Cubase 7.5 was OSX 10.10 Yosemite. We have found on our replicated system with the same fault as yours. that older versions of cubase that are not supported for the OSX version that you are running do not play nice with Audio interfaces. However on the same system with a version of Cubase that is supported for OSX 10.12 we experience no issues and the interface works completely as we would expect.

Would it be possible for you to download a trial version of Cubase 9? I think that this may work on your system.
All the best,

Ryan Ellis
Audient Tech Support"

So, It seems that I have to test it with the last version of Cubase, Cubase 9 ? I test it before with Cubase 8.5 without any results.
So I will try to do that test.
Thanks,
Dany

I cant find a way to do it cause I dont find a Trial version of Cubase 9.
The thing is: Do I have to buy a new version (Cubase 9 - 250 bucks above) because of an incompatibility issue of a very close version (Cubase 7.5) (Cubase 8 also dosnt fix it)?
It dont seem fair. I am very happy with my actual version of Cubase. Having to buy the new version only because the earlier version its not updated in order to be compatible with Sierra its disappointing.
Thanks a lot for your kind atention and for any help or solution,
Dany

Hi,

We are still waiting fot Cubase 9 Trial.

Hi, I finally solved the issue by buying the last Cubase (9)
Thanks for all, the help
Best regards,
DAny

I have the same exact problem with 6i6, 7.5 cubase and Mac Sierra 10.12

Drats
Another $250 ?