Problem with midi filter in Cubase elements 10

Yes, I did…

Unfortunately several patches of HALion SE react to MIDI Expression (CC#11) and it cannot be turned off. If you would load a synth like Retrologue on that track it would not react to your pedal at all.

What happens is that your pedal inputs its data into your keyboard controller. The keyboard bundles this data together with the notes that you play and sends it all together through the same “pipeline” (MIDI Output + MIDI channel). In Cubase you have set up all tracks to receive everything that comes in through this “pipeline”, well, actually any pipeline at all.
My question regarding different physical input was to see if notes and pedal data come in through two different pipelines. We could have just closed the pedal pipeline - problem solved. But your setup does not allow that.

The next problem is that HALion Sonic SE has many patches that react to CC#11, it will often sounds like a change of volume.

In other words - in your case everything comes together.

I will write another message showing how easy it is to use the filter, that the controller manufacturer mentioned.

In case you decide to upgrade from Cubase Elements to Cubase Artist or Pro, here is how to use the filter:

Each MIDI and Instrument track has its own. It is called “Input Transformer” (it can do more than just filtering) and is found in the Inspector…
Unbenannt

You would set it to “Track” first and then “Open Panel”.
In the panel you can create these settings:

That would block the data from your pedal to reach the instrument.

BTW - which keyboard controller do you use exactly?

I use Impulse Novation 61 as keyboard controller. I know that other keyboard controllers don’t have the same problem
Do you know how I could separate pedal and keyboard controller signals ? I understand from your message that in this way I could solve the problem as an alternative to upgrade from cubase elements to cubase artists.

I tried to find out if the Impulse 61 lets you re-assign the pedal to produce another MIDI CC. Maybe that is possible in their software Automap 4, if you happen to use that.
MIDI CC#12 instead of CC#11 would let you use my solution with the “learn CC” inside HALion SE.

Maybe you can have a look.