problem with mono output

1.honestly, that was the reason why I burned my e-licencer few years back when I was using cubase 4…
I’m straggling 20 minutes now trying to find a way to send a effing bug that I found on steninberg. It’s impossible.
I try to assign the Letter G for the function Zoom In but It doesn’t work. Although the letter H that I assigned for Zoom Out it works just fine, trying to assign the Zoom In using the G key it’s impossible.

1. Why do we have to pay for wavelab 9.5 ? It is just 2 months that I got my wavelab 9.1 license . Should’t this one be free for users in general or for user that just bought wavelab 9? this is a total rip off !!

I try to assign the Letter G for the function Zoom In but It doesn’t work. Although the letter H that I assigned for Zoom Out it works just fine, trying to assign the Zoom In using the G key it’s impossible.

Using 9.5.10… maybe try again, because no problem here.

I’m on a mac os 10.10.5 with 9.1
and again, doesn’t steinberg has any program for users that just bought wavelab 9 ? asking money to get the update in just two months is insane !!
plus, when handling mono files wavelab 9.1 does NOT damp by 3dB the signal before going to the output, which is an unacceptable bug ! I can’t measure or have correct indications to my other third party measurement software and makes it impossible for me to work with mono files (which are needed for my work). And since you already jumped to v9.5 I don’t thing we’ll have any update regarding these issues…
honestly. I’d like a refund . BUT IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH YOUR SUPPORT GROUP!!

when handling mono files wavelab 9.1 does NOT damp by 3dB the signal before going to the output, which is an unacceptable bug !

Not a bug but by design…
If you have a montage specified as mono (Audio Montage Property dialog), with only mono clips, you don’t want the result to be -3dB.
Now if you have a stereo montage and use mono tracks, the mono tracks are sent to both Left and Right outputs (this can be changed). If now you choose to render to Mono, you can render to Mono, -3dB, or -6dB (file format dialog).
Hence you have all options you need.
More generally, WaveLab does not apply any gain or process behind your back (that would lead to dithering needs).

@OP: Since your first two posts on this forum are a rant about support, it might be useful for you to know that Philippe is the developer of Wavelab. This alone makes Wavelab the DAW with the best support around - this topic is proof.

who hired you as his lawyer ?
case is closed I talk with him via private message.
if you don’t have to suggest something regarding my problem just put a sock in it ok "bro " ?
I can write what ever the zoinc I want ! If I want to complain I will .

Great show of character again! It’s so lovely how some people make us realize how good the atmosphere somewhere used to be before they arrived. Thanks ‘bro’.

don’t be arrogant with me ! You don’t know me.No one has the right to talk to me like that? who you think you are ?
And by reporting my post what ? you think I’ll start crying ?

DON’T YOU EVER TALK TO ME OR COMMENT AGAIN! if you work for steinberg you should be fired !
the last thing a costumer wants is a smart guy that writes arrogant comments.
Especially when this customer is under anger from a buggy software behavior and couldn’t reach support on the official website.
ok? (judging my character… :imp: )

Whoa. Arjan is a plus here. So far I don’t see that you are, yannis. You are way out of line talking to Arjan this way, put me on your hate list, too, I guess.

Yannis, with all due respect, this is not the way to do it.
I really think that if you want help, you should change the way you communicate.

Hate list ? What are you talking about man ? I’m not gonna hate you because you have a different opinion.
My apologies if I’ve been misunderstood .

Hey man, you really don’t have an idea how much time I’ve spend trying to find an e-mail form to submit a bug report for this case.
I thought this was just a user forum and I didn’t know someone can get support in here. PG was kind enough to help me out even with private messaging.

But when you are under anger and you have a smart guy jumping in saying something that has nothing to do with the post and simply trying to be arrogant, that made me furious! And my opinion still stands about him.
I really don’t have anything with all the other users that taking a stand here and I do appreciate their opinion just like I appreciate yours (and thank you for your suggestion).

Maybe you should read back my first post in this topic and honestly weigh it on the arrogance scale. Zero IMO. Apparently the word ‘rant’ was enough to push your button. Even better: read back the first five posts and see who was arrogant (you: 2 posts, shouting by capslock, me >2300 posts, using word ‘rant’). But hopefully you now know how this group operates and we can call it a false start. End of.

whatever…

A year later and we are going to start up all this tirade again? YUCK!