Problem with Noise Gate

Hi,

When I open my project in Cubase Elements 9.5.21 State LED of noise gate in channel strip is GREEN (gate is OPEN by default). Why is it so? :astonished: I assume that is why noise gate doesn’t silence my first audio event (please, see the attachment). At the same time it’s OK with second, third and fourth audio events (gate works properly).

Moreover, when I stop and then start playback again it’s OK with all four audio fragments. But when I try to export my mix noise gate doesn’t silence first audio event again… :frowning:

Why is this happening?
Thank you!

The light seems to rest on whatever it read when audio last past through the gate instead of returning to red looking at it on my system.

It is very strange. It must return to red because signal level below the set threshold closes the gate. This is the main principle of operation of any gate. And when nothing to read (playback has not been started at all) or audio signal is below a set threshold — why the gate is in OPEN mode (initially)? It is very strange and wrong. No one hardware gate works this way.

@Thiamin , have you found a solution to this. I am having this same exact issue. This is a very weird and annoying problem!

1 Like

3 years have passed. To date, I own two licenses of Cubase PRO 10.5.20.179 (for home and studio), but this problem is still not solved. It seems that the developers don’t give a ■■■■ about us (sorry, I am from Russia and I have no other words to explain this situation).

1 Like

I contacted support about this. They said that they were indeed able to reproduce the problem on their end, escalated the issue to the developers in Germany, and stated that we should be on the lookout for this to be resolved in a future release. So hopefully sooner than later. We’ll see. At least they acknowledged the problem, which is a good sign.

1 Like

God bless my soul, you don’t say so!)

Twothousandtwentytwo. Cubase Pro 11.0.41. And there’s nothing doing.