Problems recording with ASIO driver and Presonus StudioLive mixer

I want to record stuff in this program so I can check out the SpectraLayer scene real quick. I’m doing sound design with synthesizers and stuff.

When I open Preferences, it tells me this WASAPI Type is selected. This thing sucks because a) it doesn’t work, b) it only sees 2 channels, but my audio interface is my mixer, which has 16 channels.

When I select ASIO, and select ASIO Presonus FireStudio as Input, it looks better because I can see the 16 channels, but an errors pops up and says:

ASIO Direct Sound Full Duplex Driver

Impossible to record audio because the Audio Input is not active.
Open the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Setup dialog.  Make sure that a device is
selected in the Input Ports section and that its check box is activated.

What the hell are they talking about? Where am I supposed to find this so-called “ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Setup dialog”?

By “it doesn’t work”, I mean no audio comes through.

Did you do what the messagesuggested?

BTW: It still looks as if you selected the wrong driver.

I didn’t do what it suggested because I have no idea what it’s talking about.

It works fine in Cubase and WaveLab!

I guess I should open a normal support ticket.

Can you screenshot your Device panel ? It sounds like you selected a different ASIO device for input and output.

I got it working. I think the sample rate and number of channels in the project was different from the settings in Preferences and/or the mixer sampling rate and it was throwing a “Input port not open” or something error and crashing.

I unchecked the box that says “Show me this error again later” or whatever on that ASIO error dialog because that thing was popping up like crazy.

Anyway, it seems to be working now. Thanks for the help!