Problems with audio input - IMPORTANT

Hello,

When you first start Cubase and you get asked if Cubasis can use your microphone you must answer “yes”, otherwise you won’t be able to record anything or use your connected audio interface.
If you tapped “no” by mistake, you can always change this in the settings app of your iPad. There go to Privacy → Microphone and enable the Microphone with Cubasis.

Where can I find the “set up app” and the “privacy setting” on my iPad?

Dear Tre9595,

we are referring to the regular “Settings” menu of your iPad, where you modify & setup everything of your device. On the left side you will find “Privacy” and then follow as described.

Thank you! :wink:

Greetings,
RG

I’m using Cubasis 1.8.2 and I’m attempting to use my Zoom H6 as an audio interface, without success. The H6 is connected to my iPad via a USB and 30 pin camera connector. I’ve switched off the iPad’s in-built microphone and set the H6 to iPad connection using battery. When I press the record button in Cubasis, the recording bar moves, but nothing is recorded.
Has anyone used a Zoom H6 successfully with Cubasis?

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I suggest to get in touch with Zoom about the issue.
Please keep us updated about the progress.

Thanks

Lars

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Are you inferring that the H6 should work with Cubasis, that is, to your knowledge, have users successfully combined the H6 with Cubasis?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

we neither have tested Cubasis with H6 nor have I heard of other users about it therefore I suggest to get in touch with Zoom directly. I am available for coordinating between the companies if required.

Best,

Lars

I’m having the exact same issue with a UR44

I tried recording audio last night (which worked last time I needed to record a few months ago) but for some reason it wasn’t seeing the audio inputs in Cubasis’s Setup/Audio/Inputs.
It said “no device connected”, yet played the click out fine through the outputs in the UR44

I could select 1/2 inputs no problem in the Inspector but had no audio being recorded…

Not sure if it’s related to the OS updates recently…

Any ideas?

sox

Hi Sox,

Here are some things to check:

#1 Allow Cubasis To Access Microphone #

• Please open Apple Settings
  • Scroll down to Cubasis
  • Check if “Allow Cubasis To Access Microphone” is active (green)

#2 iPad Restart #

• Please perform a hard reset (“slide to power off”)

#3 Factory Reset #
If all of the above fails I’d suggest a factory reset of the iPad device (make sure to backup all of your data before hand).

Please get back to me if this helps to solve the issue.

Thanks

Lars

Hi Lars

Did a backup of the iPad, System Restore and then restored the apps and it’s recording audio again :slight_smile:

Thanks

sox

Hi Sox,

thanks for your immediate feedback.
I’m very glad to hear you’re up and running again!

Best,

Lars