Problems with Cubase 9.5 Artist Trial

Good Day Folks.

This problem was resolved. See the next thread of this topic for the solution.

1. Using the Steinberg Download Manager I downloaded the Cubase 9.5 and the 9.5.21 update.

2. Started the installation and ran into trouble when the installer tried updating eLicenser. Got the following error message.

• updating VC Redistributable, error Code 23.
  1. Since the installer is forward only, the installer then proceeded to Install Cubase 9.5 (Pro and Artist). I then rebooted the pc.

2. I then installed the 9.5.21 update. I then rebooted the pc again.

Now when I run ELicenser I get the following error message api-ms-win-crt-stdio-I1-1-0.dll is missing. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.. ELicenser is no longer working.

When I run Cubase 9.5 I get an error message Media Services Component is missing. . My only option is to click Ok..

In Cubase 9.5.21, I go to Studio Setup… and click on VST Audio System and it says Device failed to Open !.

I know I have the latest Yamaha USB driver installed 1.1.0, which I installed about a month ago.

/Serge

First, install the Windows updates for your OS.

Then download and install the VC Redistributable x64 from here:

Download and install the latest eLicenser Control Center:

If your audio interface still doesn’t work, try running Cubase in Safe Start mode:

D I S A S T E R?

Kind of an overreaction.

Installing the trial versions is usually completely painless. I assume he’s only having issues because he hasn’t updated some stuff in a while.

You’re right. I haven’t updated my Windows 8.1 in a while. When things work I turn off Automatic Updates and just update the Anti Virus.

I just hope updating Windows doesn’t kill my Cubase 7.0.7.

I’ll go through the recommended process. This will probably take all night. Windows updates are lengthy processes.

I always have Windows Restore points as a fail safe.