Problems with loading/changing VST-instruments in Dorico

Hello

I have a problem with loading the VST-instruments: The "pop-up " is not opening/doesn’t show all my installed VST-instruments… (It’s just working on my other computer; There I can set up everything but later on my Laptop I cannot change to another VST-Instrument anymore…)

Any idea why…? (Dorico 4.3.30, Windows 11, 64 Bit)

Thank you so much for your answers!

Best wishes!

Please do Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

Hi Ulf

Again, the file is with 5 MB too big… (Would be great, if we could upload bigger files for the future…)

Is this link working? Dorico Diagnostics.zip

Thanks for the data and sorry for the late reply.
According to the logs many instrument plug-ins do get recognized, so from that end everything is fine. To me it looks like that it must be a graphical issue, namely that the pop-up simply does not want to open for whatever reason. Do you have a multi-monitor setup?
Also paging @dspreadbury , do you have an idea what could be wrong here?

1 Like

Yes, I think your instinct that this is a multi-display issue is right, Ulf. @lycalp, can you try moving the project window onto your other display and then try opening that menu: does it now open as you expect?

1 Like

Hello @Ulf & @dspreadbury

Your help is AMAZING! That was the solution! :slight_smile: Thank you very much and best wishes!

1 Like