problems with mapping AKAI midimix controller

when I finish mapping my akai midimix it works fine but after closing cubase 8.5 and opening it again , everything that I mapped does not respond to the controls (knobs,fader,buttons) that were mapped
can anybody she’d some light as to why this could be happening?

I’m assuming you’re doing the Mapping in Generic Remote? If so, did you hit “apply?” Are you sure all the controls were correctly “Learned?” In my signature there’s a link to a thread that has extensive information on Generic Remote setups. It took me some time to get my Generic Remote working well, but it is now and the effort is certainly worth it.

After you’ve setup a Generic Remote, try exporting the file, then re-import it and hit “Apply” Check and double check all the assignments both on the physical keyboard and in the Generic Remote. Good luck. :slight_smile:

Can anyone please share the ( xml mapping file ) and ( presets file ) downloaded from akia midimix page. I tried to download them after i logged to my Akai account page but the files aren’t there anymore please help

Hi,

In older Cubase versions, there was a bug. If you created a Generic Remote device, you had to click the Export button and export the XML file to store it. You didn’t have to import it anytime later. Just the Export function stored it. The bug is not present in the current (Cubase 12) version.