Procedure changement d'ordi

hello is there a procedure or things to know when you have to change your computer and therefore reinstall everything thank you

bonjour y a t il une procedure ou des choses a savoir quand on doit changer son ordi et donc tout reinstaller
merci

Bonjour Bouma et bienvenue sur le forum.

There will be a tinny bit more to do with Cubase 12 but for now I do the following.

Backup
C:\Users<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 11_64\Presets
C:\Users<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 11_64\Project Templates
C:\Users<your username>\Documents\Cubase Projects

It’s good to keep these backed up all the time, and to also routinely Export your Profile. It’s under Edit->Profile Manager…

I keep a few different ones, and I save regularly.

Also remember to copy over any Track Archives you might have saved. If you don’t know what this is, then don’t worry about it. (I use a lot of these, so I have a special directory for them inside of the Cubase Projects directory)

If you can, do that and save it with your other backups from above.

I keep all actively installed plugin installers on a separate disk in a folder marked as such.
I keep a backup of all licenses and invoices as well in a secure hard and soft location.
And I reinstall everything.
Don’t forget iLok and all the other special installers you are going to have to log in to.
I keep a backup of all Library data as well.
I usually keep Libraries on a separate SSD. (Though I didn’t recently with regrets)
Remember your iLok, and other USB Keys (waves etc.).

You are going to have to log in a lot and move all of your registrations. Waves only gives you a couple without upgrading.

Once installed, and done the license dance.
Copy over the 3 directories listed above, and the profile manager.
Import that backed up profile.

I think that’s it, but I also feel like I am forgetting something. I tend to go back and forth a lot when doing this.

Remember to always be backing things up though. I learned that the hard way.

thank you