Program audio drops out after render in place

Hello everyone,

I’m hoping someone else has encountered this problem and knows of a solution.

Sometimes after rendering in place, doesn’t matter how long the MIDI region is or what VST instrument is being used, all audio in Cubase just drops out. I start playback and the entire project is silent. Everything is still playing, as I can see all the signals in the mixer, there’s just no output. The only fix I’ve found is to restart Cubase. But it can happen again at any time and I can’t seem to find any pattern in the behavior.

As a side note, I also have another issue with render in place where sometimes it will just fail to render, remain at 0% and freeze Cubase, causing me to have to restart it. There’s also no rhyme or reason to the behavior of this bug either.

I’m on latest version of Cubase Pro 11, Windows 10 v. 19042.1466.

Device name DCJ-PC
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-6900K CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 96.0 GB
Device ID DCFBF1F7-228E-41F7-907E-CA7FEC1387CA
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA058
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

This happens to me from time to time, I have never known how to sort it out except by restarting, be great to have a solution to this issue.

This happens to me but the sound doenst return if I restart. Its locked into silence forever. Sometimes (as crazy as it sounds) it turns the Gain (in the pre-gain section of the mix console to silents (all the way down), sometimes there is unexplainable silence. I see meters on the audio track and its being sent to a group and the group is just DEAD. Nothing on the meter.

I can import these silent audio tracks into a 100% blank session, meaning, absolutely nothing in the session, No groups, no automation, nothing and the audio wont play.

It kills the audio for all time. It happens 1 out of every approx 6 times. On a heavy deadline and cant figure out whats wrong. Really hoping someone has some insight.

Thanks

I had this issue. I was bloodthirsty, lost 2 hours of my life, but figured it out.

SOLUTION: there is a SOLO EDITOR button, if you open up the audio clip (press enter on an audio clip, upper left corner). It is an anomaly why it turn on, but basically, if you have 1 audio clip, that is turned to SOLO, then all the audio clips will be muted. I know about the same function with midis, but never know inside audio clips. So basically it is a feature, not a bug.