Project folder and back up folder created automatically by Nuendo

Will suggest Nuendo/Cubase create a folder automatically when starting a new project (instead of myself creating a folder and saving the project in that folder manually), these will help avoiding mistakes of saving in a wrong locations (when you’re loaded of too many projects in the same period)
Will suggest the project history-backup files saved in a dedicated folder created automatically as well by the program instead all backup files in same place.

Hoping to have a lot of voters backing this suggestion that should already been there long time ago.

Auto-creation of project folder should be optional I think.

+1 on .bak files getting their own subfolder.

-I agree optional would be fine
-.bak files are not getting a sub folder in the windows version (interesting!!!)

Totally against it. We give the folders the name of the customer number with date. For exampel K21482_2023-09-13

Should be an option, you don’t use it but don’t be against it at least.

In the least, to file away relatively useless .bak files, now with cloud backups they seem less important.

If we are going to have automatic folder creation at any level, we must also consider how automatic the process of file renaming is, for example the Pool appends _01 to the first file created of a track name which is not too sensible in my view because there is only one file and it is a huge waste of time renaming files for no real reason.

Automatic folder creation just leads to chaos. Anyone who works with numerous projects needs a system to store the projects. How is Nuendo supposed to know what the song/project is called?
If the folders were created automatically, you would always have to write down the strange names under which the projects can be found. Otherwise you won’t find a single song with 50 cryptic project names.

1 Like

Even if a folder was created for .bak files, there is still no option available for how files can be named or renamed, that are created by the program via recordings which to my way of thinking should be implemented prior.

As a rule, you have nothing to do with these files at all. Otherwise the files get the name of the track and are incremented. Edited files end up in the edits folder. There you will get the name of the track + effect + cryptic number.
You can view and change the file name at any time in the status bar “file” at the top left.
But why?

I really don’t know why you want to name thousends of files yourself. Everything can be done in the graphical interface, you don’t have to intervene in the folder and file structure.

I use those files in other software, to make .mp3 renders of individual multitrack files for use on the web.

I would like an option to NOT append a take number, unless a filename already exists, this to me is logical and does not dictate an outcome.

I understand.
We digitize tens of thousands of recordings and play tens of thousands of titles with the title name and also render them to MP3, for example.
There is the “Rename events from list” function for naming.
You simply mark all clips And select “Rename events from list”.
You can apply entire lists, e.g. Excel, to name hundreds or thousands of events.
This gives you an additional description for each audio clip.

Then you mark all events and export the audio clips.
Not as a mixdown - but as “selected events”.
Then use or make a naming scheme that creates the “description as the filename”.
A file will then be created for each event with the exact name you specified under “Rename events from list”.
The files created in this way then go into a directory that you determine yourself.

This is how it happens incredibly quickly.