Project Info/Print Mode

Action:

• Enter Print mode
  • Cmd+I to open Project Info
  • Add text to Project Title. Click Apply, Close Project Info
  • Change is not reflected in Print preview

Solution:

Change to any other mode and then back to Print mode, and text update will be reflected.

Sorry if this is documented. I couldn’t find it in a search.

1 Like

windrag,

what happens if you save your project after having done changes to the project info?

Saving the project does not update the print preview. Only changing to a different mode and back causes the preview to update.

Leo once explained to me on Facebook, that:

As far as I can tell, it’s at the point that you select the layouts that Dorico actually does the work behind the scenes.

Does it update the scores, when you re-select them in print mode?

No. Only switching to another mode and back works.

I run up against this regularly. I’m in print mode and want to double check or update some information (that is not necessarily displayed on the score; I’m just editing metadata) and I always forget that I cannot access the info panel via cmd+I in this mode.

Did we ever determine why this is? I’m guessing it is to avoid Dorico having to re-render a score if, for instance, you added a lyricist in the info panel and the master page included that token.

In my case, sometimes I print a project, and then return to Dorico later to add other data into the “other” field, such as links to source documents, etc. in case I need to find them again.