Project logical editor help - Selecting all clips on selected tracks before cursor

Hi!

I am editing a classical guitar recording. When adjusting the lengths of clips I need to select all clips on the same track before the clip I wanto to move in order to drag them all at the same time. I tried to set up a project logical editor command for this, but cannot get it to work. I am new to the project logical editor, so I am probably just missing something.

This is what I tried. Would anybody be able to spot what I am doing wrong?

Best,
Touko

Rather than using the PLE, wouldn’t the Edit > Select > From Start to Cursor command be of some help ? And if you want to include the audio event under the cursor, you can use the ctrl + [click] to add it to the whole selection.

Much less hassles, IMO, and nothing prevents you to set a key command for it… :neutral_face:

Try it this way, should work.

Prerequisite: At least one track must be selected before firing the preset.

Pre-Process Command: Edit>Select All on Tracks
Property | Is Selected
Position | Before Cursor

select on track before cursor.xml (12.3 KB)

Thank you very much! This works!
I had actually tried something like this already, but I thought it didn’t work because it selected everything on the track. Turned out this is just a visual glitch and the selections past the cursor point disappear when hovering over them with the mouse :smiley:

This almost works, but it selects clips on other tracks too and not just the ones I have selected. (a bit inconsistently too… Maybe because I have “track selection follows event selection” enabled for this).

Probably a way to work around this with the divide track list feature or something, but since I got the ple working, I’ll be using that :slight_smile:

Yes, I have been seeing this too, but didn’t include the info because I thought it related to graphics systems on certain machines.

Could you supply your computer hardware system specs, and OS version for a bug report?

Yeah. It was happening every time at first, but now doesn’t happen anymore…

But thanks! Here is the info!

Surface Pro 6 (U3E1)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7 8650U @ 1.90GH
16,0Gt Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 620 (Microsoft)

1 Like

Thanks. I reported the display bug.