Project Logical Editor Preset issues via keycommand or macro

Project Logical Editor presets in my Nuendo 10.2.10 on Windows 10 64-bit are only working via the menu Project → Apply Project Logical Editor Preset. This includes the included presets and custom ones I’ve created.

If I try to include ANY Project Logical Editor Preset into a Macro or assign it to a keycommand, nothing happens as can evidenced through the history window as well as no command being executed. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I’d love to find a solution. Perhaps it’s a bug?

Also, fwiw – in Cubase IC Pro app, if I setup a button to execute an included or custom Project Logical Preset, nothing happens as well when the button is pushed.

Hi,

You don’t have to convert the Project Logical Editor preset to a Macro, you can assign Key Command directly to the PLE Preset. Or am I missing something?

The PLE Presets do NOT work when assigned to a key command for me. I would like to use them inside a Macro too which also doesn’t work.

Currently, the only way I can get a PLE preset to work is through the menu Project → Apply Project Logical Editor Preset or open up PLE → going to the preset → hitting the ‘Apply’ button.

Hi,

It works to me here. Could you try in Nuendo Safe Start Mode, please?

Thanks Martin!

I started in safe mode disabling preferences and the PLE presets worked within macros/keycommands. After this, I started Nuendo up normally and they’re still working correctly. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

As an addendum:

It seems to keep breaking randomly and I have to restart Nuendo. I’ll see what support says – but if anyone has any ideas let me know!

You may be aware of this already, but make sure the PLE window is closed (not just hidden). Whenever the window is open it will only accept “manual control”, no key commands.

Thanks Erik! I didn’t know that and will keep that in mind if I experience issues again. Very good to know!