project windows midi blocks broken?

Hello
Whats wrong with the midi blocks in the project window of N5.5. In N5.0 you can see the pitch of midi event in the project window but ´N5.5 somehow scales the blocks so they do not correlate to the pitch of midi events.

Kepa

and sometimes midi blocks shows events that does not really exist.
(Nuendo 5.52 64bit)

Kepa

Hello,

You can switch between Blocks and Lines in the Preferences. Blocks are bigger, but lines are more exact.

Best,

"You can switch between Blocks and Lines in the Preferences. "
yep but that just kind of changes the font that presents the midi data. Problem is that in Nuendo 5.5 you can have for example midi block that contains C-1 and after that a midi block that contains D-1 and C-1 is higher in project window.

Kepa

This drives me crazy. How can i stop nuendo to scale the midi blocks in project window.
I mean how hard can it be.

Kepa

Hello,

Are you shure? In my experience, the “Block” display just the notes in one octave, if you are using just 1 note. If you use more notes, it is displayed relatively. It means, the highest note is on top, and thr lowest note is most down. That is the philosophy. Btw: There is bug during the displaying it. Sometimes, it’s necesary to change length of the region because of redisplaying.

Try to use lines. I think these are much more acurate.

Best,

Hello and thanks Martin for your time.
This is hard to explain in foreign language but i try again.
In preferences i have selected lines. By blocks i mean those boxes in midi track that contains the midi data.
If those boxes overlap they can sometimes show wrong data.
If i cut those boxes with scissors to half nuendo scales the view in both boxes (so
pitches stay same but the view chances - and this is just stupid)
This behaviour is new and it started when i upgrated from 5.0 64bit to 5.52 64bit

Kepa

Hello Kepa,

I hope, I understand. I agree, displaying of the MIDI data is sometime confused. I think, it starts with new grapfics of the Cubase/Nuendo. :neutral_face: And I think, this is a bug.

Best,

“displaying of the MIDI data is sometime confused. I think, it starts with new grapfics of the Cubase/Nuendo. :neutral_face: And I think, this is a bug.”
I think there is a bug (showing wrong or not existing data)
but scaling feature might as well be very stupid design.

Kepa
Nuendo user from ver 1

p.s can somebody from steinberg confirm that they understand what is wrong with current version?