Projects compatibility from Cubase 7.5

Hello,
The time has come to upgrade Cubase from 7.5 to version 10.
The only question, will my projects from 7.5 be supported in the latest release?

Of course.

well not so fast… most my cubase 9.5 projects crash cubase 10 so until I get an update no v 10 for me yet.

Your 7.5 projects should theoretically open fine in Cubase 10 but I’ve found some plugins don’t like Cubase 10 on Windows 10 right now and either need an update from Steinberg or from the 3rd party plugin developers to work properly. They all work fine in Cubase 9.5 though since it’s been around for longer. This may or may not effect your projects depending on whether your plugins are effected. If you’re not using Windows 10 all should will be fine from what I have read on here. If you are and you have issues, you can still run 7.5 if you upgrade and keep both versions on the computer and I think you will find you will have no issue opening them all in 9.5 which is still a big upgrade from 7.5 and you can run 7.5 9.5 and 10 all on the same computer with the Cubase 10 license but it’s just that 10 has only just come out are there are still a few small bugs on Windows 10 right now which won’t be fixed until the next update or updates over the next few months. You can download 9.5 also if you like when you upgrade to Cubase 10 and you can always uninstall it when it’s not needed anymore.