Projects not being saved properly in Nuendo. This is bad

Little point in writing to Steinberg so thought I would throw this out here.

For sometime I have opened up Nuendo projects and thought to my self ’ That’s funny, I am sure I edited that piece of audio’ and then thought I must be mistaken and then did the edit. Today, however, opened up my latest session and went to a section of the edit that I absolutely 100% know that I edited, my assistant confirms this, and the edit has NOT BEEN SAVED. This has been in the background for sometime now and has caused many problems in the past and now I have absolute irrefutable proof that Nuendo is not saving projects properly. Has anyone else had this problem? This is absolutely unacceptable that this can happen. I am not happy.

Maybe try to make automatic backups more frequent and next time it happens see if the backup contains the edit?

Also, is this happening only to projects where you saved and then immediately quit Nuendo after, or is after saving and then opening other projects/jobs? Just thinking out loud if it could have something to do with a poor shutdown interfering with saving or something like that.

I’d also look into drives and folders to verify permissions are good and drives are good.

Please post specs of your workstation (good to have in sig)…

Hi,

A few questions:

1. Which operating system?
  2. Which version of Nuendo?
  3. Your projects, where are they being saved?
  4. Are permissions for where your projects being saved set correctly?
  5. Does this loss of information only occur when you do a specific set of steps, like save / immediately quit Nuendo?
  6. Can you reproduce the exact steps taken when this happens?
  7. Does Nuendo ever crash?
  8. Are there specific third party or Steinberg plug ins being used in the sessions that are not saving properly?

Cheers

It has happened within 20 odd years that Nuendo saved a corrupted npr.
Much less in the last 4 versions and always in conjunction with strange constellations, plugs or flawed delivered files. I can not recall an incident were Nuendo has not properly saved a npr of an otherwise orderly running project. This is strange…
Hope you find out…
Servus, Big K

1 Like

I have just had the same problem !! Neundo 13 is not saving my projects I happen to find it by searching thru the whole computer not acceptable William

If you found it, it was saved. What do you mean happened precisely?

Hi Steve

Thank you for your response . My projects have been for the last ten years saved inside Neundo where I can see it and open the project easily. Now there is nothing showing in the project folder inside Neundo. I managed to find it inside my ps and it was changed into a single wave file so I cannot change , edit or add anything, hope that helps best William

William, I think you might be misunderstanding some very basic terminology and functionality. I think you should go back to the manual and read up on what a project file is and how and where it is saved, and then do the same for a “wave file”. Project files never ‘change into a single wave file’. It simply does not happen.

4 Likes

Ok just tried it it’s working now!