Prologue vst missing after upgrade to cubase 12

Hello

I recently upgraded my Cubase Pro to version 12 and i realized that Prologue VST is missing from the VST instruments. The installation file does not appear in the download assistant.

I have projects which created using the previous version on Cubase, where I used Prologue VST on several tracks.

Is this happening to you too???

Thank you in advance

M.V.

1 Like

Please use the forum search:
https://forums.steinberg.net/search?expanded=true&q=prologue%20%23cubase%20order%3Alatest

1 Like

Hello Steve…thank you for your reply…

As far as I can get is that Prologue isnt part of the new version of Cubase… So…what you think should I do to my tracks I used Prologue?

Thank you

M.V.

see Mystic, Prologue and Specter not in Cubase 12 - #4 by Roger_Schumann

1 Like

Steve

Thank you once more…

The link you posted describes a way to reinstall the missing plugins by using the vstsound files placed in the previous installation folder (Cubase 11)

This folder in my PC is empty, due to upgrade process, so I cant locate the vstsound files

Any further suggestions?

Thank you

M.V.

Not sure what you’re referring to, new installs exist side by side with old, in separate Program Files directories.

That post is talking about the VST3 file, not content. You can install Cubase 11 again if you removed it.

1 Like

This link shows how to access the presets too + Loopmash (assuming you have the relevant Cubase 11 or earlier install).

Can’t find Prologue / Mystic / Spector in Cubase 12 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

1 Like

Hi. I have the same problem. I can not used Prologue. What can I do with my tracks?

Read the thread?

1 Like

Read the thread?

How about just explain how we can get Prologue back instead of telling us to ‘Google It’?

More Cubase nonsense to deal with instead of getting work done… The answer:

In your Cubase 11 install, grab the content of C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 11\VST3 and copy them to your VST folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3, and viola, you can now use Prologue in Cubase 12.

Was that so hard to share?

Why Cubase does this to customers is beyond me, no mention of losing Prologue in the large print hawking the upgrade, why not?

Cubase didn’t think this would be problem? Really?

Typical.

2 Likes

I linked directly to the method, which gives credit to the person who provided it, and definitely did not tell anyone to google. If you’re going to criticize get it right, please.

1 Like